Still Live, Still on the Golden from here to San Francisco

DonahCBrown

I agree. It's exciting. Like the continued Saturday morning serials at the movies that always ended with cliffhangers. Of course you're all too young to remember them.:rolleyes:

Interesting about Inca and Inka.

BTW...the web cam for the Dawn shows it in Acapulco two days ago. The Dawn seems to have a lot of trouble with its internet as well.

Kent

That maybe true- but I know what you're talking about since I'm a history teacher! By the way, I live for spell check or a good dictionary! Sure have enjoyed this post! Gabrielle

Mas vale tarde que nunca,

or

Better late than never.

I'm sorry I over slept, and woke up at 5:30am. But I am here now. There are 5 people in the internet cafe this morning because they want a fast internet. I have never seen this much activity in the internet cafe at this time of morning.

Last night we hit something big like a speed bump. This morning I found out what it was, it was the equator.:D A little morning humor folks. But we did pass the equator last night.

There were hardly anyone in the dining room last night. Apparently a number of people are sick, because our waiters served us bread. Everyone is having a wonderful time on board ship.

Easykruz,

Billy the Kid:)

Yes, Bill, please pose for us with the Panama hat on?

I left my camera in our cabin and I will send the picture later. Another thing I wanted to say in my previous post, when I came to post on this site, I noticed for the first time this site was on the second page. I guess that's unimportant as long as it doesn't disappear.

Eaykruz,

Bill:)

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE,

The weather today according to the Princess Patter is:

"Wind Northwesterly Force 3 to 4

Moderate Breeze

Sky Partly Cloudy with Frequent Sunny Spells

Sea Light Seas with a Long Low

Southwesterly Swell"

Don't ask me what everything means, I just copied it directly from the Patter. As I am looking outside right now it is still dark. So maybe later I can explain the weather and the seas a little bit better.

Easykruz,

Whether or not,:eek: ;)

That maybe true- but I know what you're talking about since I'm a history teacher! By the way, I live for spell check or a good dictionary! Sure have enjoyed this post! Gabrielle

I promise I will be careful on my spelling.:D Really, it is a pet peeve of mine, I hate to mispell words unless I am in a hurry (I know that's not an excuse, but please excuse me if I do).

I'm glad your enjoying the posts.

Easykruz,

Easykruz,

Good Morning Everyone

Thanks for the great pictures!!!!!!When you think about it--it's a difficult job to get those pictures to us--by the way we do appreciate it!!!!!!

Jotworld--Even those of us who need to prepare for our CPA's some of us haven't done it yet--but that's okay--she doesn't have the partnership taxes done yet--but, since we leave for San Juan next Thursday probably need to do something anyway!!!!

Again Thanks to Easy Kruz, Jotworld and all others

First thing in the morning--check this out--to see what's going on--be checking on all of you later today

Nancy:D

Nancy,

You're very welcome, I'm glad your enjoying the posts.

Easykruz,

Thank you both for sharing. Easykruz Bill for the dialogue and for taking the pictures and Jot Bill for posting them. It's a lot of work and we all appreciate all the time you are both taking out so we can all cruise along on the Golden.

Easykruz Bill, I know you have enjoyed your tours but with having to take an airplane on two of them, I imagine they were quite costly. Even if some of us take this cruise, I don't know if many would be able to go to the same places you have taken us to so thank you for being so generous in your sharing.

Have you ever seen souvenirs made from nuts before? These must be very unusual keepsakes that you were able to buy in Ecuador. That's what I like to bring home for family and friends....things they would not be able to get elsewhere ( or imported LOL)

Mary

Mary,

You and everyone out there, you're all VERY WELCOME.

The trip to Antarctica cost us $1700/person. As you know that is a lot of money. As Vicky said it is a once in a lifetime opportunity and we might never be back to this part of the World again or for that matter have our health (knock on wood) to be able to go. So we decided to go for it. You can take private tours without sailing on Princess, I believe for less money, but we did not want to make another trip.

The trip to Machu Picchu cost $1800/person and I know you can go on your own, for a lot less money (and have just as much fun). I can say this about the Princess Machu Picchu tour, we went first class all the way. Is it worth it? I know to us it was. It might not be for everyone, that's why we have choices in life. I will say this, if you can afford to go it doesn't matter how you go (with Princess or Private Tour), just go.

I don't think we have seen buttons made out of nuts before. After Vicky bought some jewelry, made out of nuts, and got on the bus, she said "Now watch I will go to Walmart and they will be selling this".:eek: And of course I chimed in and said "No, you will find it at Nordstrom's":D Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't. Either way we are happy to have been to the Ivory Nut Factory.

Easykruz,

Mas vale tarde que nunca,

or

Better late than never.

I'm sorry I over slept, and woke up at 5:30am. But I am here now.

Easykruz,

Billy the Kid:)

Oversleeping until 5:30am? ;) LOL Bill.....As you can see, you are still the early bird.....no one else here seems to be awake yet.

In the Princess Patter today there will be a "Crossing the Equator Ceremony" at 2:00pm. It will be held at the Neptune's Reef and Pool on Deck 14.

Easykruz,

Pardon my ignorance, but is there a signifance to crossing the equator?:confused:

Mary

It is about 7:15am and computers have already started to slow down. Took about 6 minutes just to get to this point. It's a good thing we have early risers to pass out the news. I think that we are finally going to start warming up outside. It is already muggy outside. We have been very lucky weather wise on this cruise and rain hasn't been a problem.

Don't know how the postings will be after 5 April. Purser's desk is telling us that everyone (Plat/Elite) will be getting the $75 computer credit. With the "speed" of the computers that will let us check personal emails and not much else.

Good Morning to All you Golden Cruisers!

Have a Another Great Day at Sea!:)

& we look forward to hearing from you All as you continue your cruise to San Francisco!;)

Jot Bill (WIWT):eek:

PS All Princess Web Cams are Down at this Moment, 9:35AM EDT :(

golden_bridge.jpg

I knew this was the place that made the hats for the Panama workers building the Panama Canal in the early 1900's. And this is how the hat got it's name 'Panama Hat'. Well I have been waiting a long time to buy a Panama Hat from Montecristi, so I was ready to bargain and get me a hat. Unfortunately, the vendors would not bargain enough, so I got so disgusted that I told Vicky that I had given up my quest to purchase a Panama Hat.:( When it was time for us to get back on the bus, a vendor came up to me and put a hat on my head and told me it was mine for my price. Unbelievable, so now I have my very own Panama Hat. :)

Easykruz,

That was cool, so you finally got your hat and they made the sale - everyone wins:)

Can't believe the crossing the equator thing is going to be 12 hours late!!!! How dumb is that??!!!!!

Will you guys get that boat moving!!! We are joining you in ACA!

BTW, are you all getting a credit because there is a problem with the computers? Is it just the speed that is slow???

so cool about the Panama Hat!!!!! Now just don't go wandering around the deck wearing it!!!!LOL

Good Morning to All you Golden Cruisers!

Have a Another Great Day at Sea!

& we look forward to hearing from you All as you continue your cruise to San Francisco!;)

Jot Bill (WIWT):eek:

PS All Princess Web Cams are Down at this Moment, 9:35AM EDT :(

golden_bridge.jpg

Looks beautiful to me! I can almost see the water gently moving as the ship goes through it....

Joyce :D

Can't believe the crossing the equator thing is going to be 12 hours late!!!! How dumb is that??!!!!!

Will you guys get that boat moving!!! We are joining you in ACA!

BTW, are you all getting a credit because there is a problem with the computers? Is it just the speed that is slow???

so cool about the Panama Hat!!!!! Now just don't go wandering around the deck wearing it!!!!LOL

Cathi,

If they had the Crossing the Equator party when we actually crossed it, the time would have been about 10:00pm at night and I think few people would have come since other entertainment venues would have been going on as well as sleep for some passengers.

Since I get free internet there is nothing to complain about except poor internet service.

Easykruz,

I gather there is no internet connection as we have not had any posts from the ship, where are you all, how was the late crossing the equator party - anything exciting happen???

How are all the CC'ers doing on the ship??? Please send our regards to all

Julia,

There was very slow internet connection yesterday, to give you an example, I went to the internet cafe at 11:30am, it took me 40 minutes to get half a screen on the Princess part of Cruise Critic page. People were complaining that they couldn't open their e-mails. I finally gave up after 40 minutes. People are getting smart and coming early in the morning like me. When I came early on other ships there would be no one in the internet cafe. This morning I came at 2:45am and there is one person here. Yesterday I arrived at 5:30am, there were 5 people in the internet cafe. The day before I arrived at 4:00am and there were 2 people here.

Go figure.

Easykruz,

Yesterday morning when I tried to post my last post, Machu Picchu Part 3, I had lost my connection and lost my post after 2 hours sitting in the internet cafe.:eek: I went back to the room and this time I wrote my post down on paper, now I have a copy if this should happen again. I even kept coming back to the internet yesterday to post, no luck too slow. :eek: So, I didn't forget everyone at home so here goes.

Easykruz,

Bill

Good Morning Everyone,

I tried to post again and lost the whole post for a second time so I will post a paragraph at a time.

We woke up early for breakfast and left the hotel to join our tour group on the bus. The bus ride through the city of Cusco was about 40minutes where we saw men dressed in suits and ties on their way to work and children in their uniforms on their way to school. When we arrived at the train station we were assigned to a railway car. There were 2 conductors (one female and one male) and one stewart per railway car. The conductors were sharply dressed, each with an overcoat, sweater, and slacks, all were made of Alpaca, like wool except it comes from the Alpaca (an animal from the llama family) and a tie. The stewart wore a uniform.

:cool:

Paragraph 2

The train ride lasted about 3 hours. Each railway car had a vista dome, windows in the ceiling for easy viewing of the mountains. At times, I felt as though I was in the bottom of the Grand Canyon looking up at the mountains. The train followed the Urma Bomba River (I believe that's the name of it) all the way to the town of Aguas Calientes, our final destination by train. Aguas Calientes lies at the bottom of the canyon from Machu Picchu. The river is actually the beginning of the Amazon River and if the river was called the Amazon River it would be the longest in the World (longer than the Nile River). The river starts out calm and becomes more intense (rapids) as the train travels to Aguas Calientes. Our guide said that many years ago a number of white water rafters decided they could travel down the rapids only to lose their raft and some even lost their life. Vicky and I took plenty of pictures of the rapids and the river.

Easykruz:cool:

Archived