Report on my Century Cruise, just back!

lookingforward

Thanks for a great review & all the other comments. We will be on for the 4/21 cruise to Jamaica & GR Cayman. and then also in Sept.to the Medit. What was the music like on board? Was there a good party or reggae band? Anyone playing in Michaels, etc. ? Did you use any spa services? I am sad they took out the T pool but I understand there is an Oasis pool that is indoors near the waffles? Is that correct? Glad you had a nice trip; we are looking forward to ours.

Did you have the same amenities as Concierge Class (i.e., fresh flowers, afternoon canapes, chilled bottle of champagne, etc.?). Somebody said the amenities are actually less in the Sky Suites than Concierge Class.

We had no flowers at all and our suite breakfast menu did not include smoothies or eggs and asparagus,e tc. although I think you can request the different breakfasts (although we did not). I think suites should get the same and more, but the price difference is so small (100 per pax).

Thanks for a great review & all the other comments. We will be on for the 4/21 cruise to Jamaica & GR Cayman. and then also in Sept.to the Medit. What was the music like on board? Was there a good party or reggae band? Anyone playing in Michaels, etc. ? Did you use any spa services? I am sad they took out the T pool but I understand there is an Oasis pool that is indoors near the waffles? Is that correct? Glad you had a nice trip; we are looking forward to ours.

There was an excellent guitar singer around the ship, Michaels had live entertainment although I did not catch it, but others said it was good. The spa was so over priced. I had a pedicure and they charged me $67 plus tip. It was okay, but your average pedicure, nothing special. I needed though, so I gladly paid. Others said the massages were great, but I did not partake. The spa is lovely and they have a mens barber shop too, which was cool.

I don't remember an indoor pool at all??? The spa cafe was right near the spa and I did not see a pool indoors or under cover. Maybe I missed it, but I don't think so. The pool was packed on the sea day. Have a wonderful trip.

We had no flowers at all and our suite breakfast menu did not include smoothies or eggs and asparagus,e tc. although I think you can request the different breakfasts (although we did not). I think suites should get the same and more, but the price difference is so small (100 per pax).

The price difference was about $140 pp for us to go from the CC class to the Sky Suite on Century, but I'm disappointed about the breakfast menu and no fresh flowers. We really enjoyed those things on Infinity. Even though the price difference isn't that much, you'd think the suite passengers, like you said, should get at least what CC class is getting, not less.

Please don't tell me there are no frette towels or pillow menu!

We were just on the exact same cruise. A couple of thoughts:

- Service was very very good.

- We ate at Muranos on the last night after booking a table the minute we got on the ship. They only had a couple of seatings left by 1 pm. If you are able to pre-book, I would HIGHLY recommend it since it will fill up.

- Muranos was excellent. The dinner lasted almost three hours and was comperable to a 4-star restaurant. If we did it again, we probably wouldn't get the souffle for desert since it added about 30 minutes to the evening. We were so stuffed that we were ready to get out of there. I also wouldn't plan it for the last night. We had already eaten so much that we were just about sick of food. It woud be better on one of the first two nights. The quality of food you get is probably around $100 per person for $30.

- My main complaint was the quality of the fruit onboard. If I am sailing into Mexico, I expect OUTSTANDING fruit. The buffets had quite the opposite. Only bananas, grapes, and apples. Sometimes you would find cantelope and poor quality pineapple. This is really unacceptable. I was expecting a huge variety of fruit with a lot of tropical stuff like mangoes and pineapple of the highest quality.

- Century needs another "adult only" pool on the top deck instead of the basketball court. Nobody ever uses it. An indoor pool would be even better.

- We had an inside stateroom on level 9. Loved it. Really liked not having a window. Wife and I would sleep until 9:00 with no trouble at all. Price was good as well.

- All-in-all, it was a great cruise and just what we were hoping for. Next time we will eat less and work out more. We each gained a little weight... :)

The price difference was about $140 pp for us to go from the CC class to the Sky Suite on Century, but I'm disappointed about the breakfast menu and no fresh flowers. We really enjoyed those things on Infinity. Even though the price difference isn't that much, you'd think the suite passengers, like you said, should get at least what CC class is getting, not less.

Please don't tell me there are no frette towels or pillow menu!

Sorry Jerseygirl, there was not frette towels or pillow menu. Perhaps you can request those things, I brought my own pillow from home so I was happy. They do seem eager to please so maybe all it would take is a request. Not sure. Had I to do it again I would have booked a regular cabin for the short cruise and saved the money to upgrade a longer one. Not that I am sorry I did, but I think you get much more bang for your buck with a suite when you have more days at sea and more nights. Just my opinion.. We were in the royal suite on the Millenium a few years ago and it was the best thing ever (even better since we had a free upgrade:)

You are going to have a great time, but they should give suite passangers all the ammenities in my OP.

We were just on the exact same cruise. A couple of thoughts:

- Service was very very good.

- We ate at Muranos on the last night after booking a table the minute we got on the ship. They only had a couple of seatings left by 1 pm. If you are able to pre-book, I would HIGHLY recommend it since it will fill up.

- Muranos was excellent. The dinner lasted almost three hours and was comperable to a 4-star restaurant. If we did it again, we probably wouldn't get the souffle for desert since it added about 30 minutes to the evening. We were so stuffed that we were ready to get out of there. I also wouldn't plan it for the last night. We had already eaten so much that we were just about sick of food. It woud be better on one of the first two nights. The quality of food you get is probably around $100 per person for $30.

- My main complaint was the quality of the fruit onboard. If I am sailing into Mexico, I expect OUTSTANDING fruit. The buffets had quite the opposite. Only bananas, grapes, and apples. Sometimes you would find cantelope and poor quality pineapple. This is really unacceptable. I was expecting a huge variety of fruit with a lot of tropical stuff like mangoes and pineapple of the highest quality.

- Century needs another "adult only" pool on the top deck instead of the basketball court. Nobody ever uses it. An indoor pool would be even better.

- We had an inside stateroom on level 9. Loved it. Really liked not having a window. Wife and I would sleep until 9:00 with no trouble at all. Price was good as well.

- All-in-all, it was a great cruise and just what we were hoping for. Next time we will eat less and work out more. We each gained a little weight... :)

We ate in Muranos Saturday night and had an early seating. I loved it to, and you are not the only one who gained weight! My husband and I checked out the spa cuisine and then went straight for the buffet. Next time I will try to eat at least one meal a day there, the food was really well done there!

We ate at Muranos on the last night after booking a table the minute we got on the ship. They only had a couple of seatings left by 1 pm

They only had a couple of seatings left for the last night, or they only had a couple of seatings left for the whole journey and they were on the last night? :eek:

Sorry Jerseygirl, there was not frette towels or pillow menu. Perhaps you can request those things, I brought my own pillow from home so I was happy. They do seem eager to please so maybe all it would take is a request. Not sure. Had I to do it again I would have booked a regular cabin for the short cruise and saved the money to upgrade a longer one. Not that I am sorry I did, but I think you get much more bang for your buck with a suite when you have more days at sea and more nights. Just my opinion.. We were in the royal suite on the Millenium a few years ago and it was the best thing ever (even better since we had a free upgrade:)

You are going to have a great time, but they should give suite passangers all the ammenities in my OP.

WHAT???!! No pillow menu???? OMG, so how come Celebrity's website states the following:

Celebrity's suites include European butler service, a Celebrity exclusive.

This service includes:

Welcome champagne

Daily fruit selection

Fresh-cut flowers

Daily hors d'oeuvres

Menu of pillows - Conformance, Body, Goose, and Isotonic®

Duvets and pillow-top mattresses

Leather key holder, personalized stationery and tote bag

Double-thick Frette bathrobes

Complimentary espresso & cappuccino

WHAT???!! No pillow menu???? OMG, so how come Celebrity's website states the following:

Celebrity's suites include European butler service, a Celebrity exclusive.

This service includes:

Welcome champagne

Daily fruit selection

Fresh-cut flowers

Daily hors d'oeuvres

Menu of pillows - Conformance, Body, Goose, and Isotonic®

Duvets and pillow-top mattresses

Leather key holder, personalized stationery and tote bag

Double-thick Frette bathrobes

Complimentary espresso & cappuccino

The complimentary espresso and cappuccino came every afternoon with the daily hors d'oeuvres, I did not see any menu of pillows at all. There were bathrobes in the closet. I am not sure if there was a pillow top mattress although the beds were very comfortable. I did get the key holder (1) and stationery and tote bag. No fresh cut flowers, I would have asked if I had known There was welcome champagne.

They only had a couple of seatings left for the last night, or they only had a couple of seatings left for the whole journey and they were on the last night?
They only had available tables for two on the departure night (Thursday) and the last night. We felt fortunate to get a 7:00 seating on the last night. I would estimate that they had 4-5 seatings max for two left by the time we got there at 1 pm. This was for a 4-night cruise.

Well, we'll be a "two" and I specifically am interested in the first night, so that will work out well for us I reckon. Plus we're on a 10 day, so I suspect that will give more opportunites for all. All the same, I'll make sure stopping by the Maitre d' is one of the first things I do when we board (and we'll doubtless be on board by lunchtime).

Speaking of which....should we lunch in town before boarding or did you see evidence of delicious nibblies and beverages being available to the early arrivees?

.... We were in the royal suite on the Millenium a few years ago and it was the best thing ever (even better since we had a free upgrade:)

How in the world did you score a FREE upgrade to the royal suite ?!!?

.... We were in the royal suite on the Millenium a few years ago and it was the best thing ever (even better since we had a free upgrade:)

How in the world did you score a FREE upgrade to the royal suite ?!!?

We had a concierge room that was directly under the "jogging" track. The first night and second day we tried to sleep and it was 'thump, thump" constantly. We very nicely went to the concierge desk and they had another concierge room but it was the same. So the concierge manager and the hotel manager came to the room, heard it for themselves and left. Later that day we were sitting by the pool and they paged us. They had tried to sell the royal suite and didn't so they gave it to us for free, plus a free massage in the spa. The hotel director was so kind and we had a pleasant meeting with him. This was in 2004. Sold us on Celebrity. The royal suite was amazing.

We were on this 3/15 sailing in a royal suite and connecting CC class stateroom. I would agree that the benefits of the royal suite are more evident on a longer sailing. Richard was our butler and provided us with excellent service.

We had no complaints with the cruise other than the fact that we could not find any hot beverage container that held more than about 6 oz.

Our twin 3yo boys and 1yo daughter had a great time. It was their second cruise in 4 months and they now want to live on a cruise ship.

AnDeNo.UK,

My DH and will be in #1210 on the same sailing, 4/16. Maybe we will run into you. Since the docs arrived we've been dancin' !!

See You,

Barb:)

Barb, we are on the T/A sailing 4/26. Be sure to post back and let us know all about the Century. (can't read enough about it.)

Ann

Speaking of which....should we lunch in town before boarding or did you see evidence of delicious nibblies and beverages being available to the early arrivees?
Definitely have lunch on the ship. I think they started the buffet at noon. You will have no trouble finding something to eat. Why throw money away in town when you can eat something better on the ship? We headed to the back deck to eat our lunch overlooking the city. Fantastic!

Archived