First cruise tomoorow morning!

Tstat

Yep, it's finally here- we are boarding Elation tomorrow for our first cruise! This was given to me by my work- so it's a feebie to Bahamas- 4 days...

Any last minute suggestions for first time cruisers?:o

Take an extention cord for your gadgets, extra batteries for camera, etc. Take a dollar store shoe storage bag for sorting your stuff to hang in the bathroom and some throwaway rain coats. Remember any meds, ie asprin, etc.

If you can go to the Hotel Atlantis, it's a facinating place to visit.

And be prepared to be approached my locals to buy their goods.

P.S. Try the fried conch. :p

When we were there we snuck into the swimming pool at the Atlantis. Just walk thru with a group of people like you belong there and get in the pool and keep your arms in the water.

Also, don't forget to try the bungee jumping at the back of the boat. It's fantastic.

Linda

Take an extention cord for your gadgets, extra batteries for camera, etc. Try the fried conch. :p

Definitely need a power strip or extension cord.

We went to the Bahamas for our honeymoon and ate quite a bit of fried conch. It tastes like chicken! :p

Yep, it's finally here- we are boarding Elation tomorrow for our first cruise! This was given to me by my work- so it's a feebie to Bahamas- 4 days...

Any last minute suggestions for first time cruisers?:o

Tstat,

Just have a wonderful first cruise! Come back here and tell us how much you loved it and how you are soo hooked on cruising now!:D At least that is what happened to us!

Julie

My addiction started with a 3 day cruise to the Bahamas. Be aware that this will not be your last cruise, and you will have no control over that. Don't feel too bad, though. You're not alone. Other addictions are also started with a 'free taste'. ;)

Blue skies and calm seas to you!

Thanks everyone! We fly to Orlando tomorrow, we get in at 10:45. Ship sails late in the afternoon- I think you can get on the boat until 4PM. Then we wake up in Freeport. We are going to go to Our Lucaya for the day. Then we have a day at sea, and then Nassau- where we are going to lay on the beach at BCH, shop, and eat! Can't wait!!:D

We'll be with you too! I've been here in the office all day, just going insane and counting down the minutes.

I've got my piles of stuff ready to pack (will do that tonight) and thanks to everyone here, I think I'll be the most prepared than I've ever been for a vacation. No worries!

We're going to Lucaya also---to the beach by the Sheraton(I think, it's written down at home). Then in Nassau, to the strawmarket, and maybe Atlantis.

See ya on the boat!!

Vicky

We are flying from Providence on United. It's a 7 AM flight- yea WAY early. Hopefuly we get there without much delay! My wife was going to Toronto the other day, got to the airport at 5AM, I picked her back up at 11. Flight cancelled, no more flights until the next day...

Archived