Will You Now Smuggle?

StuartLittle

I personally dont see why they have to limit non alcoholic beverages :(

I think canned sodas should be allowed ... as you cannot sneak and put anything else into them .

I can understand them limiting other items that are not sealed .

This is a BIG BUMMER !

I guess their drink profits are about to show a BIG profit ...LOL:eek:

I AM planning on purchasing tons of DRINK COUPONS , personally, ahead of time ... they cover drinks up to 5.25 and also include the tip & gratuities. so , that will work for me!:p

OK. Where can I get htese coupons.

OK so maybe I'm way too anal and think that following rules is way too important but.... If I'm spending $4000, $5000, $6000+ on a cruise, I really don't care if I spend an additional couple of hundred on booze buying drinks through the on-board bars. I would rather not run the risk of being busted (and my booze confiscated) and have more room in my luggage for souvenirs and other stuff we buy, than try to smuggle alcohol on board. I just don't get the mentality. :confused:

I understand because I don't spend anywhere NEAR 4000 for a cruise. try 1600 or so. so a couple hundred on booze is insane. We don't even fly because the tickets cost more than the cruise itself. that's why we pick carnival, it's so much more value for the money.

I think everyone needs to relax. I seriously doubt this soft drink policy will be enforced. First of all, it can't legally be enforced if you booked prior to March 21st, because you booked under the terms of the contract at that time. That said, many people, including myself, book a year or more in advance. So, do you think in 6 months, at embarkation, they will have seperate lines, one for those who booked before March 21st and one for those who booked after? Highly unlikely. I think they are just doing this to prevent the people who blatantly check in with a pallet jack filled with cases of soda. That has never been allowed as that would constitute an "unreasonable amount" in anyones eyes. In any case, it will be a year or more before this is enforced, if it ever is. Just be reasonable, and if you have an "unreasonable amount" of soft drinks, put it in your checked luggage. Why anyone would carry on a case of coke as opposed to putting it in luggage is beyond me, anyways. But, just for the sake of science, I am going to do it on the Valor in 28 days, I'll carry on a 12 pack of some sort of soda, unwrapped and not in a bag (I don't even drink soda, I'm doing this for you guys). I'll let you know how it turns out. In any case, they are not going to hand search 5000 pieces of luggage. We're 6 for 6. Beer, water, gatorade, wine and booze in checked luggage on every cruise. You do have me a little worried though. I may start spreading it out among my luggage as opposed to having the one designated liquid suitcase.

I just got off the phone with carnival cruise lines and you CAN take soft drinks and water on the ship! Woohoo!!:D

Did you ask them why they changed their website FAQ this week to say you now can not bring nonalcoholic beverages onto the ship?

Everyone is calling and asking whether it's allowed or not, has anyone bothered to ask why the website has changed?

Personally I find it ridiculous that they can't update the entirety of their company. Lord knows you'll get a different answer every time about pretty much anything but it seems as though if there was a company wide change in their policies they would notify all employees and have them be ready to give that new information. Even the fact that that "welcome aboard" e-mail still had the OLD information is, if you ask me, not acceptable. You would think they would want the least amount of trouble at port and, regarding non-alcoholic beverages, I can see this being an issue with the contracts people agreed to.

I just got off the phone with carnival cruise lines and you CAN take soft drinks and water on the ship! Woohoo!!:D

This is why dealing with Carnival customer service defines cluster f***. Since this thread started there has been varying posts ranging from "Carnival said it was ok" to "Carnival said the policy had indeed changed". There is never any consistancy when one calls. We each believe in our hearts that the information we get is gospel, of course. Then someone else will call and get opposite information and then perhaps come back on and accuse the original person that "they were wrong and here's why" simply because they got different information (which I've come to see is pretty consistantly inconsistant when calling). I'd say the best way to know what is going on is to take a cruise oneself now that the policy has changed, or wait for those that are cruising in the near future to come back and share what they found. I'd be willing to bet a pretty hefty chunk of change that we will find that even with the policy change there will be some that get away with it and some that don't. Time will tell.

I'd like to have a cocktail in my room while getting ready for the evening or relaxing on the balcony. Does room service serve cocktails as well as food?

Yes you can get bar service through room service.

I just have to say that this thread made me laugh. I couldn't believe the heat I took on this board when I asked if my kid could "get away with" wearing shorts in the dining room. Apparently it is okay to break the rules by smuggling booze but heaven forbid someone sees a kid in shorts! And...No, I don't care who smuggles booze on board since it appears that I will now have to smuggle my cherry 7-up on board too. Do you think I could smuggle my shorts wearing kid into the dining room?

I just have to say that this thread made me laugh. I couldn't believe the heat I took on this board when I asked if my kid could "get away with" wearing shorts in the dining room. Apparently it is okay to break the rules by smuggling booze but heaven forbid someone sees a kid in shorts! And...No, I don't care who smuggles booze on board since it appears that I will now have to smuggle my cherry 7-up on board too. Do you think I could smuggle my shorts wearing kid into the dining room?

HE HE!!! good come back! I kept up on your shorts wearing thread:) . i guess it somes down to one you see and one you don't. By the way, nice looking kid;)

LOL!!!!!!!!

You took heat on this board??????? No way, I just cannot for the life of me believe that.

We're back, and we had a blast. I can tell ALL of you that we went through great links to sneak in booze. We emptied the bags of the box wine, filled them with Jack Daniels...some people put flask of JD, and Crown in LARGE plastic flask and stuck them in the wine box, and hot glued it shut, as if the box was not tampered with. We had 29 people in our group...and all of us snuck stuff in differently. I personally took 1 liter bottles of water, and filled them with Bacardi Rum, and Sky Vodka, I wrote a R or S at the bottom, so I knew which was which. We had some put Captain Morgan in Cream Soda 2 liter bottles...it was funny....

We then found out after all of our 007 attempts to sneak stuff in, that some of our friends carried on the original bottles of booze in their book bags, etc. They were sweating when going through security, but nothing happened, they x-rayed the bags, and never looked inside, and let them go on through. We couldn't believe it. Carnival never checked, so there were TONS of people on the boat, with special juices, special soda's...etc.

Many of us bought 1 coke card, $44.95 per cabin, it goes down $5.00 everyday that passes....but we shared them, and they never said anything about it. I thought I would share, you may still be careful about sneaking in, but Carnival, at least our boat, didn't really check......

It was a GOOOOOOOD time...

~Kimberly

He can smuggle his shorts in. Just have him wear jeans over top of them. Then no one will know he's wearing shorts. Just hope they don't x-ray him.

My position is that if I can not afford the drinks then I can not afford the cruise.

Definitely not true.....did a 12 Med Cruise in an owner's suite, stayed at the Four Seasons in Istanbul and still brought liquor on board (and yes that was on top of the liquor that comes free in an OS).

By the way just got off the Paradise this morning, and we had both liquor and cokes with us...nothing happened and we did not check our bags.

Archived