Will You Now Smuggle?

StuartLittle

I personally dont see why they have to limit non alcoholic beverages :(

I think canned sodas should be allowed ... as you cannot sneak and put anything else into them .

I can understand them limiting other items that are not sealed .

This is a BIG BUMMER !

I guess their drink profits are about to show a BIG profit ...LOL:eek:

I AM planning on purchasing tons of DRINK COUPONS , personally, ahead of time ... they cover drinks up to 5.25 and also include the tip & gratuities. so , that will work for me!:p

Yes, though I've never sailed the worse that happens is they take it away. I'll have 4 bottles of wine (since they do say one bottle of wine per person though they don't refer to the age of the person as I'll have a 4 and 7 year old). I'll also have my scotch with me. If they take it, I hope they enjoy it as much as I would have. I know some talk about getting embarassed though I'm sure it would bother some, I on the other hand have had worse happen.

Will smuggle, we take 1-6 pack diet dr. pepper and 1-6 pack reg. dr. pepper + 1 pack water. We still will, when taken we will just switch cruise lines. I can live with a sports bottel and thier fountain water but, I'm taken the pop:(

They aren't the only line out there and if they want to get that petty, I don't want to cruise them. Just my feelings.

Yes, though I've never sailed the worse that happens is they take it away. I'll have 4 bottles of wine (since they do say one bottle of wine per person though they don't refer to the age of the person as I'll have a 4 and 7 year old). I'll also have my scotch with me. If they take it, I hope they enjoy it as much as I would have. I know some talk about getting embarassed though I'm sure it would bother some, I on the other hand have had worse happen.

However, guests (21 years and older only) may bring one bottle of wine

The Duck says nice try. :)

The Duck says nice try. :)

Crap. It was a nice thought though.

I guess that means that my two really good bottles will be in my carry on and the other two, potentially donated bottles, will be in my checked luggage. We'll see how it turns out.

I really don't think that anyone would want to deal with me without my Mt. Dew. So yep look out any open spot I can find because my Mt. Dew is going with me even if I have to get a Dr's request. RX: Patient seems to bounce off walls and throw people overboard without Mt. Dew.

Think it will work:D

OK so maybe I'm way too anal and think that following rules is way too important but.... If I'm spending $4000, $5000, $6000+ on a cruise, I really don't care if I spend an additional couple of hundred on booze buying drinks through the on-board bars. I would rather not run the risk of being busted (and my booze confiscated) and have more room in my luggage for souvenirs and other stuff we buy, than try to smuggle alcohol on board. I just don't get the mentality. :confused:

For me it's an easy thing to live with. Didn't take beverages on before, and now realize I won't in the future. I couldn't finish a bottle of alcohol during a cruise anyway, and I haven't had carbonated drinks in my home in years. I feel very lucky that this won't be a corporate decision to cause me grief. Whew!!

OK so maybe I'm way too anal and think that following rules is way too important but.... If I'm spending $4000, $5000, $6000+ on a cruise, I really don't care if I spend an additional couple of hundred on booze buying drinks through the on-board bars. I would rather not run the risk of being busted (and my booze confiscated) and have more room in my luggage for souvenirs and other stuff we buy, than try to smuggle alcohol on board. I just don't get the mentality. :confused:

The object is to have it gone before you need it for the souvenirs. As far as mentality well all I can say is:p

I agree with joepeka about bringing booze on cruise. First of all it seems silly to bring any more than needed in luggage. And why risk it being taken or even breaking. I would think if I brought my own booze, I'd have to run back to cabin every time I want a new drink. Or feel ridiculous sneaking around with it. If I want a drink I can go to bar and order as should everyone else. You are allowed to bring wine, water and some soda, which is ok.

I don't smuggle alcohol since I don't drink it anyway, but I do think eliminating the sodas and water was pretty petty. Thankfully for those that need it Propel now comes in powder form :)

Smuggling booze does have one side effect though, it means more space in your luggage for those souveniers after the booze is gone.

I understand the alcohol......

Ok so 4 adults can bring 1 bottle of wine each......but no water:eek:

Makes no sense whatsoever......

If you read up some posters tell you they will be putting alcohol in water bottles,, make sense now.

Archived