Actual 2 bedroom suites in San Diego?

laginog

We will be cruising from San Diego in October and flying in 2 days early and staying 1 day after our cruise. There will be 3 adults. Are there any "real" 2 Bedroom suites reasonably priced in downtown San Diego? A sofabed won't work---we're not in the best physical shape. I was thinking that maybe a 2 bedroom suite might be more reasonably priced than booking 2 hotel rooms. We do have AAA & AARP. Thanks for the help & any suggestions.

What do you consider "reasonable"? Downtown is not a cheap area.

If you are willing to stay in Mission Valley, you can check out several of the business suite type hotels there (Executive Suites, Extended Stay, etc.) which offer either connecting two bedroom suites or actual two bedroom suites. Cab or shuttle from the port to Mission Valley and then back to the airport would need to be figured into how much you would save that way. Cab from cruise port to Mission Valley would be about $20-25, shuttle would be about $13-15/person and it would be about the same back to the airport.

Thanks, Splinter! I'll check that out as an option. I'm not ruling out Priceline either, as we get closer. If I could get something for maybe $225-$250 per night for a 2 bedroom, that might work. We do have friends that we met on our last cruise that are supposed to cruise with us so....they might be able to help with transportation some. They're moving to Rancho Pensaquitos(sp?) this weekend so.....I don't know if Mission Valley would be on their way to the port..or even close?? We don't want to put them "out" so a cab would work. Thanks for the help!!

It would not be out of their way to go through Mission Valley from Penasquitos to the cruise ship pier...in fact you would have to go out of your way to avoid it. There are tons of hotels and motels in Mission Valley's Hotel Circle, both all-suite and regular.

Kathi, I don't know if this is an option for you, but we stayed at Hampton Inn in SD in January and the lst room we were in (we did the same as you-stayed 2 days pre cruise and l day post cruise) had 2 double beds. This might be something to think about. Of course, you only have one bathroom! :eek: I guess you would have to request the 2 beds when you book. Good luck!

We stayed recently at the Residence Inn San Diego Central and were very pleased. We live in San Diego but needed two nights away from home for some termite control. I just checked the Oct two bedroom rates and found a very nice $189 per night (AAA rate). You will pay double or more to stay downtown. The area around this hotel is very safe and the location is freeway convenient. I love Residence Inns and have stayed in them where possible with always a pleasant experience. Phone this one at 1-858-278-2100.

It will be very easy for your friends from Rancho Penasquitos to pick you up on the way to the terminal downtown. They will drive down the 163 and this hotel is just off the Clairemont Mesa exit, easy off - easy on.

And my favorite car rental, Enterprise, has an office near the hotel. 1-858-278-9337

Walker and Dona

Archived