Formal Night Snobs

cruisinbuddy

I just felt that I had to get in on this SNOB thing. DW & I like wearing fomal wear on formal nights. You won't catch me eating at the buffet in my sweats on formal night, or on any night. Ooh, does that make me a diningroom snob too??:eek: I pity those people who feel the buffet is a better deal, yum, leftovers. Flame me, troll me I don't care, I'm wearing my flame & troll retardant suit.:D

Guest CRUZIN' SUZIN

an inside cabin snob.

I eat just about all of my meals in the dining room. The service is better and I just like the calmer, less rush feeling to the dining room.

the buffet is for grabbing a quick snack or sandwich on my way to some fun activity.:p

I just felt that I had to get in on this SNOB thing. DW & I like wearing fomal wear on formal nights. You won't catch me eating at the buffet in my sweats on formal night, or on any night. Ooh, does that make me a diningroom snob too?? I pity those people who feel the buffet is a better deal, yum, leftovers. Flame me, troll me I don't care, I'm wearing my flame & troll retardant suit.:D

UM....Flame retardant I understand, but what exactly is a "troll retardant suit'?:D :D :D :p

Look out!!! Here comes the Formal Night Snob :confused: , as people hear the Thunder and feel the Heat of a Bright Star heading towards them, they start to part the passage way leading into the dining room on Formal Night :D here comes old Fred marching in with a big grin on his face sporting a killer black suit with a built in lobster bib :eek: :eek: No Lobster will escape my Fork of Death :D

Fred

We have been on 4 CCL cruises. I have a nice bunch of "Cocktail Collection" brand ties, and I like to wear them when We go to formal night. I just wear a sports coat & slacks. It doesn't bother me (too) much if others dress down in the dining room.

Why would anyone bother to get upset about what someone else wears when they dine? Life is too short, celebrate it however you see fit. If dressing to the nines is your thing the go for it, if not, wear what suites you, just do it tastefully and with some class.

Why would anyone bother to get upset about what someone else wears when they dine? Life is too short, celebrate it however you see fit. If dressing to the nines is your thing the go for it, if not, wear what suites you, just do it tastefully and with some class.

Loosen up! It's a bit "tongue in cheek"

I havent even been on my first cruise yet (sailing 04/21) and I am already definately a formal night snob. I have spent a fortune on dresses for the dining room. And I still can't help but go to the mall nearly everyday to look for new ones. I will be broke before the cruise starts!

I guess I'm a big formal night snob as well (the more, the better). :D I'm also a dinning room snob, a balcony snob, and (when I have to be), an inside cabin snob. :D Oh, and I' a sea day snob as well (gotta love those sea days, as far as I'm concerned, the more, the better). :D I guess I'll see if I can make my boyfriend into one of these kinds of snob (or all of them preferably) after his very 1st cruise in February 2008 on Carnival's Conquest!! :D OMG, I'm so excited about that cruise!!!! I can't wait!! :D

Formal means formal people, if you wish not to agree to the atire,for gods sake stay out .Im si ck and tired of all the posters on ccl complaning about cheap people not living up to tips and such . And bieng so loyal to ccl . lets step it up a notch and spread the word . PLEASE GO GET A NEW DRESS OR JACKET FOR FORMAL NIGHTand maybe we wont get looked down on ,for vaca with ccl ,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I just felt that I had to get in on this SNOB thing. DW & I like wearing fomal wear on formal nights. You won't catch me eating at the buffet in my sweats on formal night, or on any night. Ooh, does that make me a diningroom snob too??:eek: I pity those people who feel the buffet is a better deal, yum, leftovers. Flame me, troll me I don't care, I'm wearing my flame & troll retardant suit.:D
Wow...Only the 9th person to follow with a not so original "Snob" thread......Where are the "Lemmings" when you are looking for one....???;)

Several years ago we took a Carnival cruise on the Fascination out of Norfolk. Now I have never been one to look at others and feel they were improperly dressed. I AM NOT A CRUISE SNOB.. But this cruise "took the cake". I remember being almost in shock when about 200 different men came to the dining room for dinner in farmer coveralls, white T-shirts under them or jeans and plaid shirts and baseball caps that they did not remove. I have never heard PA announcement before on a cruise informing people the dress code for the day. But after the second day they started making announcemnts a few times per day about the dress code. Still they did not observe the code. I am sure they did not bring a sport coat with them. My guess would also be that approximately 50 to 75% of the passengers were "rural" types.

We saw men in coveralls accompanying women in dresses I would say were suitable for church and suitable for the dining room. The women had high heels which they carried under their arms until just before they entered the dining room. Once seated they took the shoes off. After dinner they walked the halls with shoes under their arms again. But the men kept the hats on.To say the least it was quite a diverse group of people on board.

Then the age factor came into play. I have never seen so much "blue hair" on a ship on all my cruises. Nothing against the elderly.....I am one. They were not night owls. the ship was like a deserted town after 10 p.m.

We still had a good time but it sure was a different atmosphere. My guess was that since it went out of Norfolk there were a huge number of people (who appeared to be farmers) who took advantage of that port and drove to the port. There was also a horendous traffic jam in town on the day of embarkation. the cruise line was not prepared for the amount of people who drove to the ship and there was no parking for them.

Anyway the people who were dressed formally looked out of place. It didnt stop us from our usual activities . We were able to get great seats in every venue on board after 10 pm. There were waiters standing around at night with nothing to do.

Oh well, to each his own I guess.

Archived