Meet and Mingle Times....how long do they last?

When do they normally hold the meet and mingles, and how long do they normally last? I am traveling with many of my relatives, and don't want to sign up and then not be able to come. We have a few activities planned for onboard and I don't want them to interfere. Are they on the first day? Thanks for your help!!

You can stay for the whole time or just a few minutes. It's your decision. If you think there's any chance you might, sign up for the meet and mingle because they provide refreshments and like to know how many people may be there. It's fun to put faces with the names of the people with whom you've been corresponding for so long. They usually have free raffles with ship giveaways.

Plan to sign up unless your meet and mingle already has at least 25 people signed up because that's the minimum number needed to have the event. Why not sign up your relatives and make it a meeting point for one of your activities?

In any case, have a great trip.

Exactly :)

Our m&m was about an hour long and they had refreshments, but ran out of coffee, lol!

But it was great to meet everyone and we had a great time. After the m&m we all headed to the dining room for lunch and that was great because we got to spend more time with our cruising buds! :)

Enjoy your cruise!

Our recent AOS M&M lasted about an hour and concluded with CD staff giving away about 10 prizes (hats, bingo cards, other ship's logo stuff and a package including a bottle of champange in a draw using our shipboard cards which were turn in for the draw.

I have to admit I enjoyed my M&M. On this particular cruise I traveled solo ( had an absolute ball going solo by the way) and bubbie167 is right it was so nice to put faces with the names and actually know people on the ship. We all met pool side on sail away and we all wore Mardi Gras beads so we knew who was with us. At the M&M we all brought gifts from our states or just something small, the gifts from our states were a little difficult because we left from Boston and most of us were from MA. Make sure you sign up and go it's only for about an hour and its just finally nice to meet. :)

Depends on how much fun and extra stuff you guys put together to do at YOUR party.

The cruiseline doesnt really put a whole lot of effort into these.... but we too did a gift exchange at ours...... under 10.00 and had to represent where we were from.... had some other "fun" stuff too.... I guess both lasted about 1-1/2 hrs.

On AOS recently, our M&M was on the first sea day (Monday) at 5pm. We could only stay for about 20 minutes because it was formal night and we had to go back to our cabin to finish getting ready for our early-seating dinner! I suppose we could have gone to the party in our formal attire, but we would have felt a bit out of place since everyone else was quite casual!

Archived