Cruise Music For My Playlist

Electric Slide

Everybody Dance Now by C&C Music Factory

Classic example of a song I'd hear on the ship and say "I've got to add that when I get home".....and then I'll forget. I am slowly adding thses selections day by day and when I begin packing in 3 weeks, I'll be dancing up a storm!

Thanks! Keep them coming! My husband is just dying that I added Annette Funicello to his library! He plays his Ipod in the OR and sometimes has some explaining to do! "Hey, Lucy......................" lol

Karen

Classic example of a song I'd hear on the ship and say "I've got to add that when I get home".....and then I'll forget. I am slowly adding thses selections day by day and when I begin packing in 3 weeks, I'll be dancing up a storm!

Thanks! Keep them coming! My husband is just dying that I added Annette Funicello to his library! He plays his Ipod in the OR and sometimes has some explaining to do! "Hey, Lucy......................" lol

Karen

Karen,

I am so tickled that you added in Annette Funicello! Every time I hear the drums that start out Beach Party Tonight my head starts to bopping. It makes me want to grab a surf board and run for the waves. And I don't even surf. :D

My biggest find for this trip has been the music of Great Big Sea. It seemed like the more I listened to them the more songs I had to have. I asked my husband if he liked Celtic Sea Shanty kind of songs. He said, "I have a feeling I will by the time we get to Galveston." :p

For some reason, perhaps it's a Western Caribbean Itinerary Seperation Anxiety Disorder the following songs are on my playlist...

Toby Keith - What happens down in Mexico

Toby Keith - Whiskey Girl

Kenny Chesney - Beer in Mexico

Joe Nichols - Tequila Makes her clothes fall off

Neal McCoy - Billy's got his Beer Goggles On

Jimmy Buffett - Boat Drinks

Alan Jackson w/ Jimmy Buffett - It's 5 O'clock Somewhere

Anyone see a pattern??

Enya's Orinoco Flow seems appropriate for when you depart :p

I found myself dancing to Carola's Invincible at the top deck when no one was around (fun stuff haha)

I can send it to you if you'd like...it's got lots of energy and its really catchy

Hey Boingy....

I love that song too. It's "Cool Change" by Little River Band. Ah...love that 70's music!

Yep- this early 40's cat loves that 70's music!!!

They just don't make it like that these days! :)

Forpaws...you'll like this one! I have a CD that I play in my car, full of 70's music (mostly light rock stuff). I have labeled it "Songs Only Mom Likes". Whenever I put it on my kids and my husband just roll their eyes :) They just don't appreciate the good stuff I guess!

Thanks for starting this thread!!! I was trying to build a similar llst. The suggestions have been great.

You are welcome and I am loving the suggestions! I am still on page 1, listening and buying 1 song at a time! LOVE IT!

Karen

Right now I'm at work trying to keep my mind on work but it's hard. I just listened to Calypso by John Denver and it made my mind wander and lookie, here I am, back on the boards again. :o

Oh yeah! Another blast from the 70's! Actually I think that particular song was early 80's, BUT DENVER himself counts as 70's. Boy cruising is popular in any decade!

Yes! Excellent upbeat songs of his are "3 Little Birds" and "One Love" but I also like the more contemplative "No Woman, No Cry" and "Redemption Song".

A few others:

* Jimmy Buffet, of course. "Margartaville", "Cheeseburger in Paradise" and "Volcano" are obvious choices, but don't overlook "We Are The People Our Parents Warned Us About", "Tin Cup Chalice", and "Pencil Thin Mustache".

* "Southern Cross" by Crosby, Stills and Nash

* And of course, how could you do a Caribbean cruise without Bobby Bloom's "Montego Bay"?:D

My complete thoughts exactly.

:D

I was out gardening this morning, listening to my 'new" playlist that you guys helped assemble. Let me tell you THAT is the way to garden! When I came in for lunch and water - the door bell rang........and I was handed my documents. So , as sore as I am, I am dancing around to Annette Funicello and Connie Francis (because my husband and boys are not home so it's total GIRL music!)

Thanks for all your suggestions. I can somehow apply most every song I hear now to cruising, which baffles my husband lol. i think I'm just READY TO GO!

Karen

I was out gardening this morning, listening to my 'new" playlist that you guys helped assemble. Let me tell you THAT is the way to garden! When I came in for lunch and water - the door bell rang........and I was handed my documents. So , as sore as I am, I am dancing around to Annette Funicello and Connie Francis (because my husband and boys are not home so it's total GIRL music!)

Thanks for all your suggestions. I can somehow apply most every song I hear now to cruising, which baffles my husband lol. i think I'm just READY TO GO!

Karen

Enjoy your dance! :D Now you've gone and done it though. My cruise leaves 1 day before yours and I'm at work thinking of nothing but my mailbox !!!

Archived