Parking for LA pier

madjohn

Hi----Will be doing the Regal Princess to Hawii on July 17, 2007:rolleyes: I will driving in from central CA. Where is good parking!!! I know in San Diego it is right across the street. Is it that close in LA. I will be traveling with my wife and two older passengers. Can I walk easly from parking to port with bags? or should I drop them off and go park. Really looking forword to the cruise but not the LA part.:eek: All help is appreciated.;)

Well, in spite of your insulting my place of residence ;) ...

Parking in LA is just as convenient as in San Diego. You will probably have to park in the slightly more distant lot, as they usually reserve the close-in lot for the 3/4 night sailings. Since you'll probably have a fair amount of luggage, I'd drop the checked bags off with the porters and then go park the car. There is a shuttle bus that runs from the distant lot, but it's an easy 5-10 minute stroll back to the ship from the lot.

Parking is $12/day, so that's a pretty steep price for a 2-week cruise (if it's that long, don't know your itinerary). You might check with the Crowne Plaza, Doubletree or Sunrise hotels (all near the port) to see if they offer a park & sail rate that would less than $180. I'm not sure they offer it for longer sailings, but it never hurts to ask.

My hubby drops us off with the luggage at the loading zone. He then drives back down to the parking lot (don't think there's a difference between parking for shorter and longer cruises) and walks back to us.

Our last cruise was the 15 RT to Hawaii and we figured there was no way we could fit all our luggage, including a guitar, into either one of our cars. So we hired a car service.

Hi----Will be doing the Regal Princess to Hawii on July 17, 2007 I will driving in from central CA. Where is good parking!!! I know in San Diego it is right across the street. Is it that close in LA. I will be traveling with my wife and two older passengers. Can I walk easly from parking to port with bags? or should I drop them off and go park. Really looking forword to the cruise but not the LA part. All help is appreciated.

Here is the San Pedro (LA) port ...

Overview.jpg

As you can see, you can park right next to the port, or if you would rather it be more like the San Diego experience, you can park under the bridge ...

SanPedro.jpg

which is about the same as parking across the street in San Diego ...

SanPedroaerial.jpg

• 2 months later...

Mad John,

Where in Central CA are you? We are in Clovis and are leaving this Sunday on the Regal. We will also be driving down and have been wondering about the parking situation. Glad we can drop the bags off at the curb since we will have at least 3 big ones for the 15 day trip. We will be sure and report back when we get home.

Judy

Archived