Concierge Lounge ?

We have a JS booked on Voyager of the Seas. because we are Diamond, we will have access to the Concierge Club. If we go in there in the evening for a pre-dinner drink, are we allowed to take it back to our cabin? or do all drinks have to be consumed in the lounge?

Drinks are supposed to be consumed in the lounge, but this is a matter that is really up to the discretion of the concierge. Under certain circumstances, it might be allowed, but ordinarily it would not be encouraged.:)

I took my mom on a cruise in Sept. 06 (Mariner of the Seas). I had just moved to the Diamond level. Probably not allowed either, I took her as well. She's in a wheel chair and we are sort of tied at the hip. She took a drink "to go" every night. At first she asked me if she could, and I said no. Then I heard her doing all the embarrassing things mothers say to others.. like my daughter is embarassed by me and I says I can't take a drink out. With that, all the others in the lounge, said oh, go ahead. I will say that the concierge, never said a word. He was very gracious

My husband and I did the Mariner in Dec. 06 and it was his first time in the lounge and there was a different concierge, who walked around and said that liquor must be consumed in the lounge. No to go cups! He was very strict about this. He did make a member very mad, but I saw this person on the 14th floor lounge taking out. On the Mariner, they had so many diamond members, they had a second place to go. They used one of the private rooms on the 14th floor. It was staffed by RCL people, but not the concierge. It was not quite the same up there, but you did have the view sailing away.

So, in answer, I guess, play dumb, try it, and plead ignorance. Enjoy. That is one of the best benefits. (free booze)

Thanks, I figured that would be the case. Our JS is right across from the lounge, and we have first dining, but lounge for drinks doesn't open until 5, it would have been nice to have a drink while we were getting dressed. Oh well, we will survive without one.

for a member cruise with over 575 Diamond/Plus members. The lounge was so full you couldn't get a drink so we got one & left for dinner, then came back & got one for the show. Just bring the glass back which we did.

Now they have a second lounge to go to. Freedom had suites in the CL & Diamonds had their own bar & own lounge on 14.

We are main seating and have difficulty with the timing of the CL.

We just pop in for a minute before dinner and collect a glass of wine. BUT we always bring our own glasses. They don't seem to mind that so much. It is impractical to expect elderly people to stand for long periods of time - from 5.00pm many of the 'drinkers' sit till 8.30pm so it is impossible to find somewhere to sit. The Concierges know this and if they see you are having difficulties, some will allow you to take out the drinks.

As in everything in life, a little commonsense goes a long way!!!

We are Diamond and have been on 2 cruises where we have had access to a CL. First was Brilliance and we were able to take our drink to dinner. Second was on Mariner and we were not able to take our drink from the lounge.

I have to say, I cannot imagine anyone sitting in the lounge for 3 1/2 hours. We go for an hour before dinner and that's enough time to have 2-3 drinks. I know I will be flamed, but those who stay for 3 hours need to get a life or go to AA.

Go ahead, I am ready for flames. I do think those people, and I don't care if they are suite people or Diamond, are just taking advantage of a freebie. How sad.

Katie

Archived