November weather in West. Med.??

We are thinking on taking our first Western Mediterranean cruise and are considering early November because of the discounted cruise prices. Can anyone with past experience provide me with details of what we can expect temperature/precipitation wise? Also, what would be the disadvanatages of going at this time other than decreased daylight hours?

We are sailing from Venice to Rome, so more central/eastern Med. Princess says the average highs in our ports in November are in the 50's & 60's. Lows are 40's & 50's.

I am not familiar with websites for other cruise lines, but Princess shows average weather for each port for the month the ship is in port. Just select the itinery for a cruise then select weather.

Paul

We were cruising the Med. the first week of Nov. last fall. Weather was pretty nice for touring. Generally, it was comfortably warm in the sun and chilly in the shade. We always had jackets with us, and usually wore long-sleeved shirts. The day we were in Rome we were actually cold, and got a little rain (but we just ate lunch while it rained). The cold allowed us to walk faster, though, so we actually got to everything we had planned to see. Our last cruise in Europe occured during the month of July, when temps were above 115 nearly every day. I'll take Nov. anytime unless I'm just wanting to lie on a beach. Even though we were at the tail end of the "tourist season", we were surprised at how crowded some places were. Since I don't care to be in crowds of people, I'm so glad we saw these places in Nov.

Our cruise Barcelona - Venice - Barcelona was 12 nights starting on 10/27/05. We had 60 - 70 weather, and it was cool and lightly raining in Venice both days we were there. Corfu and Dubrovnik were very rainy, but all these ports are in the Eastern Med / Agean.

We take raingear and hats, and didn't mind the rain that much at all. Less crowded and you don't get overly hot walking around. All the walking keeps you warm.

The Western Med is warmer, and we were mostly mid-60's to low 70's.

I picked up this web site addy this morning, and the trip planner is very nice. Gives you temps, etc. for the same day going back several years.

Click on Travel Planner: http://www.wunderground.com/

On a Med cruise during first two weeks in Nov. 2004 the weather alternated good/bad every other day. Good days were bright sunshine with variable high temperatures from low 60s to high 70s. Bad days were rainy and cold. The hills (mountains to the flatlanders) on Corsica even had snow on top. Take clothes to layer and a backpack so you can peel if the day gets warmer when onshore.

Archived