Beach at Jalouise or Ti Kaye?

Perki

I have seen some excursions to both locations and trying to figure out if anyone on here has been to both and could suggest one beach over the other. Or goods/bads of either if you have only been to one. Also can the Pitons be seen from Ti Kaye or at least a good view while on the boat to the beach? Can't go to St. Lucia and not get a picture of those! Thanks for any info.

Jolousie Beach is nestled right between the Pitons and is spectacular. You do not want to miss it!! We took a fantastic tour with Cosol (www.cosol-tours.com ). Great highlights of the island with a nice long stop at Jolousie beach. Don't miss it!!

I thought that most of these long island drive tours the beach stops are barely and hour or two...that is why I am looking for a short maybe boat tour (hour tops) then be at a beach for minimum 3hrs more like 4hrs then back to the ship. Any ideas?

I have seen some excursions to both locations and trying to figure out if anyone on here has been to both and could suggest one beach over the other. Or goods/bads of either if you have only been to one. Also can the Pitons be seen from Ti Kaye or at least a good view while on the boat to the beach? Can't go to St. Lucia and not get a picture of those! Thanks for any info.

Jalousie all the way. The setting is incredable and the swimmng and snorkeling are great. We actually have the picture of the beach (with the Gros Piton in the back ground) as our wallpaper on the computer.

Rigger

We went to Jalousie Beach with Cosol Tours and only got 50 minutes there. It was beautiful.....but a very long, windy drive there. Is there a way to take a boat there???? The beach, and views of the Pitons were beautiful.....one of the best parts of Cosol's Tour.....but the restaurant there was extremely expensive. $19.99 for a hamburger.....$14.99 for a hot dog....bring something to munch on.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

yes at jalousie there are watersports, and everything else (its a hotel)

UM from jalousie the view is nice and the snorkeling is REALLY nice and there are swing sets and stuff for kids so its a fun beach but not a NICE beach....the sand is fake....and icky

For what you are looking for I would say Jalousie Beach. DH and I actually stayed at TiKaye for a week last year and it was the most beautiful resort we have ever been to hands down! However - if you are looking for a day beach - I don't think you'd be too impressed. The sand is volcanic ash (dark) and extremely hot on the feet. The snorkeling is great! However, you are not going to get a view of the Pitons - you're just too far. It is also very quiet. The beach was silent except for the tours that would come in and everyone had to stay at one end of the beach generally away from the resort folks.

Archived