Avalon Waterways

Liebo

WE used the travel space bags on our Poetry cruise. They were great! I also used gallon size zip lock bags for smaller items. It saves digging thru everything. We had Hans as our CD. Hope you don't get him.

Ya know people were complaining about Hans last year too. Wouldn't you think they would have gotten rid of him by now.:confused: Maybe if people stop tipping him he'll find another occupation!:D

Ya know people were complaining about Hans last year too. Wouldn't you think they would have gotten rid of him by now.:confused: Maybe if people stop tipping him he'll find another occupation!:D

I'm glad we had no complaints about Hendrik, which appears occasionally on this board as "Heinje". If you get him, you're in luck. He spent more than 20 years as a Globus guide in Eastern Europe, and he's from The Netherlands; so he really knows the territory. He's also fun and knowledgeable.

(Note to Hendrik: I know you read the board, but if I had any complaints, I'd post them. We have none, and enjoyed sailing with you. If you're reading this, why not let CC people know what cruises you'll be on.)

One more question....are there clothes hangers in the cabins on Avalon's ships, or do I need to bring some?

There are wooden hangers - perhaps 8 to 10 in each of the two halves of the closet. If that's not enough, good luck in trying to fit hangers other than a few wire ones into your one and only suitcase. (That's right, you are only allowed one suitcase, plus one carryon, apiece. If you can fit in an empty bag to carry home your purchases (as we did), that may be useful.)

One more question....are there clothes hangers in the cabins on Avalon's ships, or do I need to bring some?

There are wooden hangers - perhaps 8 to 10 in each of the two halves of the closet. If that's not enough, good luck in trying to fit hangers other than a few wire ones into your one and only suitcase. (That's right, you are only allowed one suitcase, plus one carryon, apiece. If you can fit in an empty bag to carry home your purchases (as we did), that may be useful.)

Yeah. I don't like that "one suitcase" clause! 8-10 should be enough. I bought a duffel bag for dirty clothes on the way home so goodies will fit into the suitcases. :)

Dear Joan & Joe, I knew you were going to write and I certainly appreciate the compliment.

Thanks

Hendrik:)

I'm glad we had no complaints about Hendrik, which appears occasionally on this board as "Heinje". If you get him, you're in luck. He spent more than 20 years as a Globus guide in Eastern Europe, and he's from The Netherlands; so he really knows the territory. He's also fun and knowledgeable.

(Note to Hendrik: I know you read the board, but if I had any complaints, I'd post them. We have none, and enjoyed sailing with you. If you're reading this, why not let CC people know what cruises you'll be on.)

If yoyu want to bring more than one suitcase I doubt if any-one will say something. However, you still need to store your empty suitcase somewhere. Under the bed is normally enough space. If you need more hangers, just tell reception and you will be provided with more.

Enjoy your cruise.

Yeah. I don't like that "one suitcase" clause! 8-10 should be enough. I bought a duffel bag for dirty clothes on the way home so goodies will fit into the suitcases. :)

If yoyu want to bring more than one suitcase I doubt if any-one will say something. However, you still need to store your empty suitcase somewhere. Under the bed is normally enough space. If you need more hangers, just tell reception and you will be provided with more.

Enjoy your cruise.

Thanks, Hendrik. :) Sorry we won't be cruising with you. I keep forgetting to look up our CD's name, and it's not one that easily remembered. Maybe Andrej? (Polish? Hungarian?)

Heinjte or JoanandJoe--One more question....What kind of outlets are on the Poetry? We have a converter that has the Type B plug (two round prongs, common to mainland Europe), and I tried emailing Avalon, but I'm not sure I got the full answer. I just want to make sure we don't need extra adapters.

Thanks!

We took adapters with us but never used them. My DH used his razor in the bathroom with no problem. The cabin came with a hairdryer, located in the bedroom, already plugged into a socket. We did not have bathrobes last year, maybe they were only in the suites. We were in Cabin 242. We loved every moment of this trip.

Archived