the docs are in--magnificant Europe!

Fleuve51

Got our documents yesterday for the May6th sailing on the Amadagio.

we received a beautiful bag printed with a picture of the Danube & a casltle.

Inside ,another zippered bag for the documents & even a wallet sized bag, clipped inside for security.

Very impressive.

There are 2 small colored guide books, detailing everything we need to see & do on the Danube & Rhine.

Now , I am getting excited.

Sounds like a wonderful trip.

Who else is joining us?

Eileen & Brian( Montreal, Quebec, Canada)

Eileen,

Yea! That means my Russian documents will be coming in a few weeks :) I leave May 30th.

Does it appear that the guide book and bag was a gift from Amadeus or from your travel agent?

Theresa

the travel bag is a gift from Amadeus.

Our agent says it's the nicest she has seen( even on the high end cruise ships).

Thanks Buck--I am really looking forward to it.

What month did you go?

Eileen

it will be nice to meet fellow cc members on the river boat.

We, too, are arriving in Amsterdamm on saturday.

We were thinking of taking a bus tour to the tulip gardens & Volendam.

What are you doing?

Buck: Can you recommend what to do while in Amsterdamm?We wanted to go inseptenber, but it was all booked.

Thanks, Eileen

Fleuve,

Amsterdam has a hop on hop off canal boat cruise that appears to go to all the best things to see. I think it is good for 24 hours and should give you a nice overview of the city.You could get off and back on anyplace you wish.

I suggest you find out what places you will see on your included city tour and visit other places that are not included.

Volendam is a charming very small town that is very pretty and touristy.You probably also stop at a cheese farm and windmill on the same trip You can walk from one end of Volendam to the other end in about 20 min.There is a really nice restaurant there down at the end of the boardwalk.. Globus has the Volendam trip as one of their optionals on a coach tour while staying in Amsterdam...

the travel bag is a gift from Amadeus.

Our agent says it's the nicest she has seen( even on the high end cruise ships).

Thank you Eileen. I hope to get my docs in the next 2 weeks. Hope to get my visa next week.

I am at the 60 day mark - WOW!

Wishing you wonderful times on your Amadeus cruises!

I do hope you will report back upon your return to share your impressions and experiences cruising with Amadeus. We have booked their Danube Discovery for 2008. They have some lovely itineraries and if we enjoy this cruise, there will be others to follow.

Fleuve,

I hope you will also visit the Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh Museum and Anne Frank House, all of which are must-sees when in Amsterdam.

If you are adventursome diners, Amsterdam has fantastic Indonesian restaurants, the best being Tempo Doeloe. Try their rice table, which is a sampling of pretty much everything on the menu. It's fantastic.

Amsterdam is a beautiful city. Have a great time.

• 1 month later...

Fleuve,

I received my documents this week. I had one large bag with a white churge and gold onion domes on it and along with a change size purse along with a travel wallet. They all are in that black design with the white/gold church scene on it.

I had one book inside that was designed for our Amadeus cruise. It is pretty good.

Theresa

My Doc's also came yesterday and I also was impressed with the bag from Amadeus. We are leaving for Prague on May 30 and the cruise ends in Budapest. We are also very excited...Anyone taking this cruise?:confused:

Archived