skagway - red onion saloon

brendielee

We are doing our first cruis in May to Alaska aboard the Sapphire. We have booked a private fishing trip out of Skagway soon after we arrive at pier the fishing trip is 7:30 to 11:30. But, I want also want to do the Yukon rail pass and go to the Red Onion Saloon, but the Princess tour times don't match the time we will return from fishing. So, I am asking does anyone know if there is a way we can do both? Thanks.

You can definitely go to the rail depot and get the aternoon train. Just make certain that your fishing guide understands that you have an afternoon tour and gets you back on time.

Since you didn't mention what time your ship leaves can't help you with being able to stop by the Red Onion Saloon .

Something to remember about the Red Onion when cruise ships are in town, it is awesomely crowded. Going to the Onion is a great experience but once the train lets off and all the daytimes from the ships are in it is very busy. So don't plan an in/out kind of experience, you will be there a while.

Hi ! Brendielee We are going in May also on the 12th. I am trying to book a private fishing trip for my DH in Skagway. Can I ask with which company did you book yours and the price? thank you

Hi Klhgramma,

We are going on the 19th of May. We chose Skagway Salmon Fishing Charter - Dockside Charters. The cost is $145 per person or you can reserve the whole boat for $600. Since there are 4 of us going, we have reserved the boat. The boat will hold 6 passengers. http://www.skagwayfishing.com/salmon_fishing.asp

It was really hard to decide which port to fish in, and which charter. I hope we won't be disappointed!

• 9 months later...
Hi Klhgramma,

We are going on the 19th of May. We chose Skagway Salmon Fishing Charter - Dockside Charters. The cost is $145 per person or you can reserve the whole boat for $600. Since there are 4 of us going, we have reserved the boat. The boat will hold 6 passengers. http://www.skagwayfishing.com/salmon_fishing.asp

It was really hard to decide which port to fish in, and which charter. I hope we won't be disappointed!

Hi brendielee....

How was your experience with Dockside Charters?

Was Capt Greg your Captain?

Thanks.

The Red Onion was just OK..The tour was short and sweet..To be honest with you we took the tour after a long day of being trucked around and hearded from here to there...The girl who was our Brothel Guide was way over the top and grated on my last nerve..

I think next time we may just visit to eat the nachos..They looked great!

To be honest with you we took the tour after a long day of being trucked around and herded from here to there...The girl who was our Brothel Guide was way over the top and grated on my last nerve..

LOL - the guides are "theatrical" for sure! (and the nachos are great :D )

Archived