Confetti and streamers

bahia puller

Ah, Venture. Always with the quick wit!:D

I've seen folks using the bubbles at sailaway, too. However, if you do that, be sure and not spill any on deck....that's slippery stuff, and I saw a lady slip down while walking past some bubblers!:eek:

As someone who used to work in the resort cleaning biz...I think that confetti & streamers would be kind of mean to the overworked cleaning staff. They've got enough to worry about with keeping things sanitized and with cleaning up normal messes. I don't think I would like the guilt of needlessly adding to their workload. The bubbles idea sounds sweet though...and they last longer in the air than the chewed up paper would.

Just my opinion.. :)

I like to wave to no one and say, "Goodbye, we'll miss you!" just like on Titanic.

I remember, on the Holiday, in 1995, we made a big mess on the last night of the cruise, streamers everywhere, and Carnival passed them out to us, along with party hats and noisemakers! They said that they had such a good time last New Year's Eve that they were going to celebrate every week. I remember feeling sorry for the crew, having to clean up the mess, as I walked knee deep in streamers.

Sewut

The only time I see it now is when I've sailed Disney. They use it during the finale for the sailaway party. It sort of explodes all over, but just on deck, not off the sides.

Last time I've seen that live was in the 60's after the Bon Voyage parties (I still have one faded unused roll in my mothers basement), and on the Love Boat, TOS.

Archived