Fruit Basket with wine?

skittl1321

Do you think that the Fruit Basket with red wine is a good value?

It seems to have a good amount in it, and is only $34.

Does anyone have any idea what sort of wine is in it?

What is the availability of fruit on the ship during the day (non-mealtime). If we are big fruit eaters, is this something we will want to have in our cabin to munch on? (Seems silly to have fruit in the cabin if it's available elsewhere, but if we can only get it off the buffet, then it seems like a good idea).

Is the Fruit of good quality?

I am interested in the largest basket (supreme) because it comes with wine. I do not drink but my husband likes a glass at night, so I thought this would be a good way to have a bottle of wine in the cabin for him to enjoy on the balcony. But if it's a really crappy wine, it might not be worth it- still while he likes nice wines, I think he's not too much of a snob about drinking a low end, but not crappy wine.

I'm also wondering if 2 people can eat through that entire basket in 8 days (since there is so much else to eat!).

If we bring wine onboard (my understanding is they still allow a bottle per person, even after all the no beverages policy change- if this is wrong, we won't be bringing it)- can he drink it in the stateroom, or must in go to the dining room.

Had a basket in my room on my last cruise. It was really a lovely thing to have. You may not eat it all, but it had a really nice selection. And, I enjoyed having a bottle of wine to bring to the Dining room.

I will be sending this to first time cruisers I'm sailing with (in 45 days). I think it is worth it.

Due to some credit card points that needed to be used, we got a fruit basket (no wine). It was really a waste. There was so much fruit avaiable at the buffet, they didn't eat much of the fruit from the basket at all.

there is lots of fruit for the taking at the buffert, it is usually nice and ripe.

I don't want to sound like a cheap skate but I would bring my own bottle and go fill a tray up with fruit and bring it to the cabin, also you can order some fruit from room service.

Also the chocolate covered strawberries are wonderful.

Due to some credit card points that needed to be used, we got a fruit basket (no wine). It was really a waste. There was so much fruit avaiable at the buffet, they didn't eat much of the fruit from the basket at all.

That's what I was thinking -- I'll probably be going up to the Buffet anyway to bring some food to the cabin while DH sleeps in, so if there's fruit there I'd rather just grab it and go! :o

We received it as a gift on our last cruise and it was really nice. Besides the fruit there was also cheese, crackers and packets of dried fruit. While there is fruit at the buffet it was nice to be able to just grab a piece without worrying it going to get it or remembering to bring it back to the room. I enjoyed the wine on our balcony several afternoons while getting ready for dinner. Ate the cheese and crackers and dried fruit after a really long port day where there was no way I was going to go anywhere looking for food as exhausted as I was.

We will probably order one for our room in May.

My parents are taking (and paying for) all their kids, spouses and grandkids on a cruise this summer. There will be 15 of us total. So, we ordered the wine/cheese/fruit basket to be delivered to their cabin the 1st day. We also ordered the large arrangement of flowers. As a gift, I think it is a great idea. True, you can sneak in a bottle of wine and you can get all the fruit you want from the buffet. But it's not the same.

I don't think I would order it for us to have, but it does make a really nice gift for someone.

You don't have to sneak the wine, it is allowed so you can carry it right on the ship with you.

But can you drink it in your room- or does it have to go to the dining room (so they can get a corkage fee off of it?)

But can you drink it in your room- or does it have to go to the dining room (so they can get a corkage fee off of it?)

You can drink it in your room, you can take it to the dining room. You can drink it in a box, with a fox, or anywhich way you choose. ;)

My parents sent us the basket on the Conquest...wine, several cheeses, water crackers, almonds, dried fruit, bananas, apples, oranges, kiwi...it was a great treat to have it in our room for a quick relatively healthy snack. The wine was a midrange Cabernet...Vondage, if I recall correctly.

Im getting a bottle of wine in my cabin when I arrive and my TA is sending a fruit basket, from what I hear. Im trying to think fruit basket??? We are not huge fruit eaters and because of customs you are not allowed to take it home with you. Seems odd to me.

The basket is a nice touch when you arrive in your room. You may want to just grab a piece of fruit first thing in the am and not go up to the Lido deck. It come with wine, crackers, cheese, almonds, dried fruit. It's well worth the price. :D

The basket is a nice touch when you arrive in your room. You may want to just grab a piece of fruit first thing in the am and not go up to the Lido deck. It come with wine, crackers, cheese, almonds, dried fruit. It's well worth the price. :D

In my case its free, so its well worth the price :). I asked if I could have a OBC of $25 but nope. One is giving me the choice of wine or champagne. I picked white wine. My sister doesnt drink because of all the meds she is on, so she is not thrilled. The other is some sort of welcome abroad basket. The TA we used to book the Conquest doesnt give a discount, but the person who recommended her said to expect a Welcome Abroad Basket. Dried fruit and nuts and stuff sounds a lot better than what I was expecting. I was picturing a basket with apples and oranges.

thanks

I have gotten the Supreme Basket twice, and it is very nice to have in the room. We ate pretty much all of it, and the wine was not great but drinkable. It was esp handy when on the first night DD became sea sick, those crackers were a lifesaver. So I say go for it!

I probably would not purchase it for myself...but, if I am successful at getting my Mom (and in-laws) on a cruise this year, then we will probably have a fruit basket and flowers waiting in their cabins. I think it will be a nice touch since it will be their first cruise.

You can drink it in your cabin, the fee only applies if it is corked in the dining room, also i see lots of people who bring a glass of wine to the dining room for dinner, from their cabin.

Ask your Steward and he will bring wine glasses to your cabin for you.

Don't waste your money. The red wine was horrible. We poured most of it down the drain. There's so much food available on the ship 24 hours a day, that we hardly touched any of the stuff in the basket. We had one basket for five people, and we left most of it on the ship at the end of the week. If you want a quick snack of something, go up to the pizzaria or the buffet line. If you need a candy bar, buy one in the gift shop. It wasn't worth it at all.

Do you think that the Fruit Basket with red wine is a good value?

It seems to have a good amount in it, and is only $34.

Does anyone have any idea what sort of wine is in it?

What is the availability of fruit on the ship during the day (non-mealtime). If we are big fruit eaters, is this something we will want to have in our cabin to munch on? (Seems silly to have fruit in the cabin if it's available elsewhere, but if we can only get it off the buffet, then it seems like a good idea).

Is the Fruit of good quality?

I am interested in the largest basket (supreme) because it comes with wine. I do not drink but my husband likes a glass at night, so I thought this would be a good way to have a bottle of wine in the cabin for him to enjoy on the balcony. But if it's a really crappy wine, it might not be worth it- still while he likes nice wines, I think he's not too much of a snob about drinking a low end, but not crappy wine.

I'm also wondering if 2 people can eat through that entire basket in 8 days (since there is so much else to eat!).

If we bring wine onboard (my understanding is they still allow a bottle per person, even after all the no beverages policy change- if this is wrong, we won't be bringing it)- can he drink it in the stateroom, or must in go to the dining room.

My DD did this for our Aniversary. She asked me for my honest op. after as she was thinking of doing it for some else. I told her I would just send the bottle of wine. The fruit is the same that is out on the lido deck. You, can have a welcome bottle ordered for your room and they let you bring another bottle on. You can have these in your room, but a cork screw. You can also have them uncorked for a fee in the dinning room.

Archived