Aft Corner Decks - Vista Ships

spcl4cs_gal

If you search Candy, she has some spectacular pictures. Rev Neal also just posted some awesome pictures. One of the Vista's was docked next to him, he was able to get some great pictures.

Hope this helps. Those suites are SPECTACULAR!!!!!! We had suite 5187 on the Zuiderdam the same week you sailed a few years back, too bad we never met, you could have seen that suite and verandah for yourself.

Cruiseclues.com is also a good source. There MANY pictures posted there. We just got off the Z last week and also had 5187. Try if you can to book it. I can't imagine having a better suite. I have some great pictures of the room and balcony, however I just haven't had time to post.

If this question relates to your pending Westerdam cruise in 2008 (per your signature), you should be aware of the fact that Westerdam's aft balconies will become somewhat smaller on decks 5-8 as of May 9, 2007, after W'dam's aft retrofit. See my several earlier posts on this topic for details, as well as the threads in which those posts have appeared.

By all accounts, based on reports about the equivalent cabins on Noordam, these aft corners will still be wonderful after the change. But if you're looking at photos (or if you saw them when looking down from the Lido deck on W'dam this month), bear in mind that after the retrofit, the W'dam aft verandas will look like the Noordam ones, not like the other Vistas.

Also be sure to look at the right version of the deck plans when selecting a W'dam cabin number! Both versions are on HAL's website, clearly labelled.

Enjoy!

If this question relates to your pending Westerdam cruise in 2008 (per your signature), you should be aware of the fact that Westerdam's aft balconies will become somewhat smaller on decks 5-8 as of May 9, 2007, after W'dam's aft retrofit. See my several earlier posts on this topic for details, as well as the threads in which those posts have appeared.

By all accounts, based on reports about the equivalent cabins on Noordam, these aft corners will still be wonderful after the change. But if you're looking at photos (or if you saw them when looking down from the Lido deck on W'dam this month), bear in mind that after the retrofit, the W'dam aft verandas will look like the Noordam ones, not like the other Vistas.

Also be sure to look at the right version of the deck plans when selecting a W'dam cabin number! Both versions are on HAL's website, clearly labelled.

Enjoy!

Yes, I ran into this problem yesterday when I was booking the cabin. My TA and I were looking at the old deck plans of the W'dam and the HAL agent didn't have the room listed. So I just flipped the page to the Noordam plans and we found that that cabin has now changed to 5191. Can't wait to live there for a week next March! :D

I am booked into cabin #8135 on my upcoming Oosterdam Alaskan cruise.

Am also excited about that wrap around cabin, but can't find pics of it.

It is apparently a little different with a full cover, rather than the stacked balconies being more exposed below deck. Thought it might be better for hiding from all that rain I hope not to get....does it rain in Alaska? :rolleyes: :D

Cheers! :)

Yes, I ran into this problem yesterday when I was booking the cabin. My TA and I were looking at the old deck plans of the W'dam and the HAL agent didn't have the room listed. So I just flipped the page to the Noordam plans and we found that that cabin has now changed to 5191. Can't wait to live there for a week next March! :D

Glad you worked it out! I'm equally excited about doing that same W'dam itinerary (W. Carib., anyway - not sure if exact same ports) in the corner suite one deck below that one this coming November! Please do post a review if you have the time and inclination - I'd love to see it!

ok, I'm hooked....I WANT that room...thanks for the pictures, Candy....so my question is....since 5187 is probably the room that's booked up fastest, should I call HAL and ask them when's the next cruise anywhere LOL :D with that room available? or should I go through a TA? or does it matter?

ok, I'm hooked....I WANT that room...thanks for the pictures, Candy....so my question is....since 5187 is probably the room that's booked up fastest, should I call HAL and ask them when's the next cruise anywhere LOL :D with that room available? or should I go through a TA? or does it matter?

I would say that if you want one of those corner cabins and there is one available, you should grab it. They do go quickly. Your TA would have no problem booking one for you. :)

Archived