Question For All You South. Caribbean Cruisers. How Much Was Your Airfare???

I think we paid about $280 per person .. but that was not a direct flight. It had one change of planes.. It was on continental ....

Another time when we went we went first class when TWA was shutting its doors.. flew per person for about $ 890.... that was worth the money...better food.. and much roomier for such a long flight...

Ours was free! Our friends went through Priceline and flew in a day early and out a day late so that they would not have to worry about the flights they received from PL. They paid about $200 -$250 in September. I think that April will be quite expensive, so if you can find a rate you can live with...go for it! You have time though, so I recommend waiting and watching.

FREE!!! I was able to use frequent flyer miles and we got upgraded to first class on the return flight.:D Otherwise, watching the fares from here in Ohio, I think it would have added about $450 - 500 pp and that's a lot to us.:eek:

Hi!

To Puerto Rico from BOS, if you see anything for less than $350, I would grab it when you do. I lucked out one time and paid $290ish one time, but have always seen it for much higher. And it seems that once it starts going up, it stays up...

Good luck!!

We paid $381.00 pp flying non-stop Boston to San Juan RT - booked in May for a January 2005 cruise. Have since seen it briefly go down to $250, but the flights we have were better. It is now over $600 pp for our same flights. Flights to San Juan from the northeast during school breaks are usually rediculous. We used the cruise line's air when our kids were younger and we had to travel during those weeks, as it was cheaper to let them do the air than it would have been to buy it on our own. We had both good experiences and nightmares with the cruiseline's air. (But the nightmares were not with RCI's air, if that's any consolation!) I think that for those popular weeks, you have to scoop us the tickets right when the airlines first release them for sale, about 10 months out.

We are luck, living in Florida our round trip air from Orlando to San Juan is $374 for both of us. Course I booked it back in Feb. it's a little over $400 for both now, still not to bad.

Hi:

I booked our non-stop flights our of Boston in February for our flight to San Juan later this month and paid $380 pp. I have been tracking the price and it is now over $420pp. So as soon as you see a good price, jump on it. I don't foresee prices going down very much with gas prices continuing to climb. This may be one of the few times you might do better booking through the cruise line. It's worth looking into it.

Sandi

We got direct flights on American from Boston to San Juan for $250 - our cruise is in early October and I got the flights in early June, I think. I used Travelocity and Orbitz to "track" flight prices for me. We ended up flying in 2 days early so what we saved on airfare we are spending on a hotel but in my mind, that just means we're getting a jump on our vacation!

Good luck with your search.

There's a very interesting article in the travel section of msnbc's web site today that gives all sorts of advice on finding "charter" flights to destinations like the caribbean... there are regularly scheduled charters from major cities all the time.. And San Juan is a popular destination.

I also suggest airgorrilla.com

booked in January for March spring break from Mass (private school) Paid about 360 per person. - but did a fri to fri cruise went down on a thurs. sat to sun would have been over 400. the sunday flights out of sju to boston were hard to find and more expensive.

We are on the AOS on Nov 28th.(Sunday after Thanksgiving) We got our air thru RCI for $479pp. for a direct flight from PIT to SJU on Sat 27th returning Sun 12/5. USAir wants $1350. for the same flight and Sidestep wants $681. Since we are Platinum we did not pay the $50 fee pp for custom air. I have been watchiing the prices since Feb and finally confirmed the flights with RCI.

Cindy ;)

Archived