Nautica Impressions HKG to ATH

JackfromWA

Tak2: Thanks for the words of encouragement. I need to furnish Oceania the titles of my 4 lectures by the end of the week and I am stumped. It helps to know you’d like to hear me.

Jack,

While we will not be with you on this cruise (mumble and grumble), I just know that those who are lucky enough to have already booked will be in for a treat.

As of "Titles" for your four lectures, may I suggest that you at least incorporate part of your April 18th, 2007 posting and re-tell the story about "St. Luke's Prickly Heat Powder". I am sure you'll bring the house down!!

Good luck on your cruise.....:)

Jack:

One obvious topic for you to speak about is How To Write a Travel Journal. May I suggest the title: Capture Your Memories! -- enjoy your adventures for a lifetime. You could also include some tips for online travel journalling - Take Your Friends and Family With You.

I know my travel journals and photographs are the most treasured souvenirs of my journeys.

You also might want to include in one of your lectures something about enriching your cruise experience through participation in onboard enrichment programs. You seem to have mastered that art.

Larry Anderson (I know my handle is mike sierra)

• 1 month later...

Hi Jack

Congratulations on your richly deserved lecturership - I only wish I was on that cruise too! Thanks so much for all your help. We recently returned from Rome to Singapore and it was fantastic. There were several copies of your book aboard and they were being eagerly shared and people (the book owners) were being VERY careful to stipulate a return-by date!

Someone asked me for some feedback about our trip so I am posting it at

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=687569

My journal could never approach yours, and it's a very different style anyway. I have posted a few factual comments and memories but mostly links to some photos of each port - I am a bit of a shutterbug. I hope they may also bring back some memories for you. Thanks again, and I hope life back in 'reality land' is treating you well. It's a bit of a bumpy ride back to the 'real world' :cool:

Hi All,

For everyone in the US I hope you had a great Thanksgiving weekend. Ty and I had dinner with my mom and dad. We had a great time—three days later I still feel like I over indulged.

I am excited to share that Oceania has arranged for me to come on the 2008 Hong Kong to Athens cruise. It will be wonderful to meet so many of you that I know are on this voyage. Although Oceania offered to let me take the entire 35 days, I have an obligation the last week of April, so they graciously worked around my schedule and have allowed me to join the ship from Hong Kong to Singapore.

The Far East is one of my favorite parts of the itinerary and I look forward to enjoying Hong Kong, Vietnam, Thailand and Singapore again. Needless to say I am extremely grateful to Frank Del Rio for offering this and to all of you for encouraging him to ask me to come on board. I will be giving four lectures while on board—it is humbling to plan what to say to a crowd as educated and diverse as the passengers on Oceania—and I hope to share some of my experiences from the cruise last year with many of you personally.

Best wishes to everyone in the coming holiday season and I can’t wait to meet some of you in April!

Jack

Hi Jack

We have just found out about your wonderful travel posts for the trip we are taking this spring. We have enjoyed reading and will read all of it soon. Thanks for being such a great writer and sharer of information. We are looking forward to meeting you on the Nautica and listening to your lectures. Dave and Janine

JackfromWA,

First of all happy birthday for Wednesday. It is a special day for us too, our 43rd Wedding Anniversary so you may have been born on our wedding day, 4/4/64. If so, you are a very lucky man as it is a wonderful date.

Thanks so much for posting your cruise thoughts and diary. We have booked the same cruise for next April and I was hoping someone would let us know how it pans out.

Also any little bits of info regarding the ship is very helpful. Particularly giving us the prices of the internet package was fantastic.

Enjoy your time on board and we hope to hear your next instalment soon. Please tell us also about your shore excursions in each port.

Jennie

See you on board! We too booked the April '08 cruise. Can't wait. Doing the Amazon in November of this year with Oceania.

• 2 months later...

I admit I don't contribute much here. I didn't even bother to register until I concluded reading this remarkable post. I never had read a more enjoyable sojourn and review. I attempted to order your book but the e-mail was returned. Are books still available? Is there an alternative way such as Amazon to order them?

It looks as if you are going on this journey again as a guest of Oceania. Good for them for recognizing how well you have promoted their brand well sharing your insightful, descriptive and pleasurable stories. You make traveling on Oceania sound like true bliss. I will book a trip with them soon based on your recommendations.

Happy sailing,

Jerry

Elwin told me he was going to meet you ( didn't say when ), it's amzing that I actually read about it here!

I will be on the same cruise with him next month ( my first O ) and have also booked two more after that, including HKG April 2009. It will be a great opportunity to talk about, and plan, our HKG cruise in person with a CC friend, instead of just through Roll Call. Your book shall be my number one reference. Thanks again.

This is long time after your posting but, if you're still around, we're booked on the '09 HKG-ATHENS trip too....

Live in Florida, retired, love cruising.

Lynne & Bob

lcoppoletta at mac dot com.

I have to bow out for 2009 due to work. Elwin , as far as I know, is still going. He should be actively researching, and trying to put together private tours. Try tracking him down at Roll Calls for this cruise.

I plan to go 2010. Hopefully Jack will be lecturer on that cruise.

See you on board! We too booked the April '08 cruise. Can't wait. Doing the Amazon in November of this year with Oceania.

We did the Amazon Cruise Nov 2007 and just loved it. Only disappointment was the lack of birdlife and animals, but everything else more than made up for it. Make sure you go to the Bio-Bumba festival in Parintins = amazing!

Have a great time!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

Why the name "Lahore?" I lived there from 1981 - 1984 and love it.

Robin

RMANDELL@COX.NET

Congratulations on your richly deserved lecturership - I only wish I was on that cruise too! Thanks so much for all your help. We recently returned from Rome to Singapore and it was fantastic. There were several copies of your book aboard and they were being eagerly shared and people (the book owners) were being VERY careful to stipulate a return-by date!

Someone asked me for some feedback about our trip so I am posting it at

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=687569

My journal could never approach yours, and it's a very different style anyway. I have posted a few factual comments and memories but mostly links to some photos of each port - I am a bit of a shutterbug. I hope they may also bring back some memories for you. Thanks again, and I hope life back in 'reality land' is treating you well. It's a bit of a bumpy ride back to the 'real world' :cool:

Archived