Nautica Impressions HKG to ATH

JackfromWA

Hey Jack!

Calling in from The Netherlands, Europe, to let you know that the book arrived yesterday. Gasp...it is a real real book! It's great, I am half through already!

I am going to "share" with my dad, he lives in the USA and I am sure he will enjoy it as well. I am going to order one for him through the adres mentioned in the book as I don't want to part with mine!

Thank you so very very much!

(mon)Ina

ps: donation made to the Dutch Hart Stichting (Heart assosiation, they invest in doing research of heartproblems in Holland). They do great work.

http://www.hartstichting.nl/

I just received your book, Jack. All I can say is WOW! Very Impressive! It is fantastic! So far I've only had time to look at the wonderful photos. Thanks so much, Jack, for publishing your journal and sharing your trip with us again. Thanks, too, to Sukey, for her help. My donation is on its way.

Jack,

The books made it all the way to Europe in record time -- I think we got them almost before anyone in the U.S. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!! It is wonderful reading through your "Journal" yet again.

I've chosen the KinderKrebshilfe to receive a donation in your honor. It is part of the German Cancer Association and concentrates on research and treatment for children with cancer.

All best wishes for a wonderful life with all the people you love most -- which is the very least you deserve!

Jack: Your incredible book arrived today. We really enjoyed reading all the posts after the trip as it was a replay of so much of the wonderful experience we also shared on Nautica. You (and Sukey) did a wonderful job with "Cruising with Mom and Dad" and we look forward to reading it and reliving the trip again.It will be a treasure in our library. And what a wonderful tribute to your lovely parents.

Lary and Cheryl

Jack - it arrived today in Australia too! Wow, this little Aussie is impressed again :D . It's a real book, as someone else quipped! Thank you so very much, for the vicarious memories, the book and the expectations for our turn. You should be so pleased. I will treasure the book, and one of the best holiday photos of all time; that one of you on the camel I love SOOOO much.

Peace be upon you.

Lyn

p.s. - I wonder if we'll see it for sale in the Oceania onboard shops. FDR this would be a great idea - and sales could go to a charity of jack's choice....

Dear Jack, I too have received your wonderful book although Fedex said they couldn't deliver it until Monday because we were at work. I could not wait that long so I asked where their office was and could I pick it up, this was 5pm Friday. HD drove me to the office and had to wait until their delivery round was finished at 6pm, when they gave me my parcel, you could not have taken the smile off my face, I was so happy to have your book. Yes even DH commented "a real book" although I already knew. I will be absorbed in it this weekend. We can hardly wait to take the same journey next year and I look forward to meeting Sukey. As I promised in may email my donations will go to Australian Red Cross and Queensland Cancer Fund. Thankyou, Thankyou Jack.

Health and Happiness to you, Ty and your dear parents.

Judy

We received the book today - wow. It is certainly more than I had expected - just wonderful, Jack!

We will be making our donation to "Shared Adventures," a local non-profit agency that sponsors various outdoor activities for disabled persons (kayaking, diving, outrigger boating, surfing, etc.).

Thanks for the great read, Jack ...

Leslie & Wayne

Jack..the most amazing book, I was up half the night reading it (and I was there)..Thanks so much, I feel very fortunate to have a new friend!!! Thanks for the kind words!! I made a donation to Oceania..(just kidding) I am sending a donation to Guildas Club! (cancer patients)

Regards,

Jan

Jack:

Received the books on Friday. Saturday was my sister's birthday so it was a terrific gift to her. I am so glad she turned me on to your wonderful posts. We are taking our first trip on Regatta in September. Really, really looking forward to it.

I will be sending a donation to the Humanitarian Foundation of the LDS Church. They are early responders to disasters around the world and in the U.S.

Thank you so much!

Hi Jack,

I received my book today. I had it sent to my husband's office in L.A. (we live out of the US) and we stopped there today on our way to an Alaskan cruise. I knew others had received their books, so I was pretty sure it would be waiting for me, and it was. I was very impressed with how it turned out and am glad to see that you got published.

Since we will be away for a few weeks, I let one of my closest friends borrow it. He loves cruising and I know he will enjoy it, but he better take very good care of it and return it to me when I get back.

When I return to L.A., I will make a contribution to charity in your name.

Best regards,

Lauri

Hey Jack, so disappointed that I have not received THE book yet! Am so looking forward to reading it! Was there a problem sending them to Canada?

I just knew it would be a big hit with everyone! So what's next a second edition?

Cathi

Cathi,

I sent all the books on the same day. According to the US postal service website, the books to Canada should have arrived by now. I just sent you an email (I think), if you get it please reply so I will know I have the right address. In any event we'll figure out why your book hasn't arrived. It isn't fair that the Europeans and Australians have received theirs and you are practically my neighbor!

I hope everyone is having a good summer.

Jack

I am sorry it's taking so long for the books to get to Canada. Since I live 15 miles from the US/Canadian border, I thought it would be quick. I've learned my lesson: Next time I will drive across the border and drop them in a mail box. I would appreciate if anyone who live in Canada could post when their book finally arrives.

Thanks,

Jack

Jack, How could I ever thank you for the most generous gift I have ever accepted from a stranger? Although after all these weeks of reading about you and your wonderful family, I don't feel that we are strangers any longer, but wow! What a joy to see this in print in a real book. It was done magnificently, and I have loned it to a few privileged fellow-travelers who have also enjoyed it no end. I did send a generous gift to The Valencia Isles Chapter of Sylvester Cancer Research, at the University of Miami. I hope you received their acknowledgement by now. My best regards to Ty and your Mom and Pop and especially yourself. Fondly, Marcia Neiman (Molomare) PS - it was fun to see my postings in the book.

Jack - This was a wonderful journey you took us all on. I am just sorry I missed this when you were traveling. On the other hand it was quite exciting to read it in one lump reading. I will enjoy your pictures as well tomorrow. I'm exhausted:)

Mindy

Archived