request a certain table?

npeters

This is so silly and so funny, all at the same time !

Which tables do the better tippers sit at?

I would think those sitting at tables on the first level under the railing would be very generous with tips, if the waiters protected them from the TT’s flying over the railing after the wrestling match.

We are guaranteed for the early lower level seating. I don't want to walk up or down any stairs and disturb the people seated at the tables near them. I am a rock climber and adept at rapelling. Would the stewards mind if I cast up a line and went up and down between the levels that way so as not to disturb those near the steps. Also, would HATE to make a scene sliding down the staircase in heels like that beauty pagent contestant did some years back. Gosh, I hate it when that happens.:D

KK:

Does your table number diagram apply only to the Vista class? (Sorry, I didn't read all the previous posts & wish I didn't) - But now I see you have S-Class diagrams...

For our upcoming cruise on Volendam, I would be interested in about the same location we had on Maasdam, I think it was 057, upper level for four. According to the Hotel Mgr - ours was one of the best on the Maasdam :) (I think he was probably saying that to everyone though ;) but we loved it) - but are also looking at possibly trying and 8 or larger table. We want early/late, which is upper level I believe.

If you have any suggestions for table selection on the Volendam, I'd greatly appreciate it :)

I can't believe the information one can get from this board. It is amazing.

About the poster with the table she must have. Well, we sailed on the Explorer of the Seas last year and heard about a certain cabin. Deck 10, aft, cabin. Absolutely fabulous. Now, it is practically impossible to get that cabin 1 year in advance (or it's mirror image) on any of the Voyager Class RCCL ships. Most likely due to the Cruise Critic board. So, it really IS possible to not get what one must have, if one is so inclined.

I also find it interesting that so many of us want those tables for 2. I thought cruising is mostly a social thing and we (DW and I) were the only anti-social folks around :-)

So now, Krazy Kruise. I think you posted some decent 2's for Zuiderdam, Upper. Did you? But, without the actual diagram with the numbers printed, how does one tell where they be? If you didn't mention some good ones, please do. TA says we are definitely at a 2 but we don't know which one.

Also, on the website, are those little circles, poles that are periodically placed around the dining room?

So, Krazy, which 2 for Zuiderdam, Upper?

And THANKS!

Roadwork, maybe instead of Dutch hats the folks in the tables below the upper railing should be given helmets on the first night.

Would the helmets be like the German WWI with spikes?:D

Can anyone suggest a Maasdam table - for the NOv 9 cruise we will be dining at 5:45 - upper dining room- there are four of us and we'd like a table by the window. Any suggestions?

And for the April 21 cruise there will be nine of us, dining at 5:45 in the upper dining room - again, we'd like to be by a window. Any suggestions?

All input appreciated!

Sorry, but I don't have table numbers but I can answer one question. I don't believe there are any tables for 9 near windows. Most are 4 or 6 and are oblong tables. You may want to ask for 2 tables of 4 that are next to each other. A table for 9 is not easy to get. There are some rounds that are for 8 that they might squeeze an extra person in and maybe a few for 10.

If someone here can't help you contact your TA. Many of them have the dining room diagrams with the table numbers.

Good Luck and Have a nice cruise.

I went to the HAL website and sent an email. I requested the seating map for the Volendam and gave them my FAX number. In a couple of days it arrived and I sent a new email requesting a specific table. The next day, they sent me a reply indicating they would make an effort to meet my request. In this type of customer service area, HAL is the best! enjoy! Kel

Just thought I would quote kelmac. That is exactly what I did and it worked very well.

Thanks Sean!

I think I'll give it try too!

You're welcome.

The irony is that this time I will be traveling solo and will probably be less likely to select a table by number. I think I will just ask for something by a window since HAL will be deciding who I sit with.

Any thoughts on this?

You're welcome.

The irony is that this time I will be traveling solo and will probably be less likely to select a table by number. I think I will just ask for something by a window since HAL will be deciding who I sit with.

Any thoughts on this?

Well, if you are booked on the 3/20/05 Volendam we'd love to have you at our table :D

If not, I think you should request a table with the amount of guests you'd feel comfortable with - there are a number of solo travelers, and maybe you can request a table with other solos? But I'm not sure about this... anyone else have input?

Well, if you are booked on the 3/20/05 Volendam we'd love to have you at our table :D

If not, I think you should request a table with the amount of guests you'd feel comfortable with - there are a number of solo travelers, and maybe you can request a table with other solos? But I'm not sure about this... anyone else have input?

I am going on the Veendam September 19th to Alaska.

I think a table for 6 might be ok. I don't hear very well, so a larger table might be hard to have conversations.

Guess I will request a table for six by a window.

Archived