First Timers/ referrals

dalliowner

Dalliowner,

Thanks for your kind offer, I have PM to you.

Look forward to hearing from you...................

Colin..........................

Just curious about this....I'll assume it's a discount for your initial Seabourn Voyage?

Time frame involved? Expiration? What kind of discount/credit? Valid for more than one new guest? So many questions!!

Thanks, in advance!

Randy

Just curious about this....I'll assume it's a discount for your initial Seabourn Voyage?

Time frame involved? Expiration? What kind of discount/credit? Valid for more than one new guest? So many questions!!

It is an onboard credit given to the new cruiser and the referring cruiser when the new cruiser books and pays for a cruise. It is used for the first cruise. The referring cruiser will have a credit on their next cruise. I don't know about a time frame/expiration date. The last credit figure I heard was $400.00/each.

No its not a Cruise discount.

It is actually an onboard credit of $400 you can redeem on a shore excurssion or in the spa ect ect...........

The referal credit is given to both parties, the past cruiser recieves it on their next cruise when the person they have rewarded it too completes a first cruise with Seabourn.

All past passengers recieve one, sometimes more on each cruise they take.

It is an incentive to encourage friends, family, workmates to try a cruise with Seabourn.

Most good TA's give an onboard credit with most Cruiselines nowdays as a thankyou for booking through them.

Most Credit Cards also have their own programs which also give onboard credits when you pay with their card as well.

The Seabourn past passenger referal credits can be redeemed anytime up until you make your final cruise payment.

Many past Seabourn cruisers on this board have passed theirs on to new cruise bookings made by members who use this Seabourn board rather than let them go to waste.

I expect that Seabourn builds this into the cruise cost up front and does not in fact loose much from the practice. It also gives something back to the past passenger which is a nice reward for coming back.

I appreciate your prompt and thorough replies! Sounds like a great marketing/incentive tool----a win-win proposition for all.

My FIL is on the Pride right now; I'll be sure to collect his referral coupon upon his return.....for ME!

Randy

No its not a Cruise discount.

All past passengers recieve one, sometimes more on each cruise they take.

It is an incentive to encourage friends, family, workmates to try a cruise with Seabourn.

Nope....not quite true Jaffa......we did FOUR B/B cruises....(and have 4 more B/B booked) never saw sight nor sound of these "onboard credits"....as Aussies I don't think we qualify for any extra incentives.........Not happy Jan! :mad:

• 1 year later...

I had previously given a guest referral coupon to an individual who had to delay his sailing on Seabourn. As a result, I have a Guest Referral Coupon which will allow a FIRST-TIME Seabourn passenger a $400 shipboard credit. If you fit into that category, have not yet made final payment and will be doing so by October 2008, I will be happy to give you a coupon. Just email me at hoya68(at)comcast.net (substitute @ for (at) in the email address). Happy sailing and you will love Seabourn.

Stephen

When you submit a coupon with your final payment both you and the individual referring you will receive a shipboard credit. Since I will be sailing in November 2008, I will need to have the individual make their final payment before that date.

One caveat. SB will make you choose between the referral coupon and the credit card (eg AMEX) onboard credit. AMEX is $300 and SB referral is $400, so you know which one to pick... Seems a waste, but that is the way it is. Your TA's onboard credits would be in addition to SB or credit card credits. You don't have to choose.

I do have one to give, so post an email address and I'll be in touch.

Is Seabourn still honoring these coupons?? It seems like there has been discussion here for years that they are being discontinued...... :confused:

Yes, they are still available. I personally referred a friend just a few months ago. I had to call Seabourn to get the referral coupon..

Host Dan

Is Seabourn still honoring these coupons?? It seems like there has been discussion here for years that they are being discontinued...... :confused:

I refered someone who got the onboard credit in November. Our first cruise since that is in June and I await to see result. Here`s hoping. :)

You can only be a first timer on seabourn. And cannot be combined with the 300.00 from American express. I I have one to offer For a new traveler who is booked and ready to pay there last payment.

Hi Steve,

We are first timers on the same cruise as you, so it makes perfect sense to share this incentive:) .

I look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers,

Steve.

We are going on our first Seabourn cruise Dec 2009. Does anyone have a coupon for this? Do I just present it with my final payment or let my travel agent know ahead of time? Thanks bgop

We are going on our first Seabourn cruise Dec 2009. Does anyone have a coupon for this? Do I just present it with my final payment or let my travel agent know ahead of time? Thanks bgop

They need the coupon well before you sail and you get an onboard credit ( I hope)

A follow up on this thread. Please post your personal email address ONLY if you have a coupon and would like to refer a new Seabourn cruiser. Just stating that you have one is not sufficient. First time cruisers DO NOT solicit a referral coupon with your personal email address. You will open yourself up to spammers etc... These posts will not stay on the board.

Thank you.

Host Dan

Archived