P & O Drink Prices etc

Shelledpea

I havent read in the brochure if or not the usual bottle can be purchased through room service and more to the point whether or not, if booze is still available, at what price. Is this the thin end of the wedge I wonder and will be soon paying the 15% surcharge on drinks as Princess passengers do? Looks as if Southampton are losing even more control over their allotted ships.

Jimmy

Here is the text of an Email from P&O which may please some.

Dear Mr Hunt,

Thank you for your email and for sharing your concerns with us.

As I am sure you will appreciate all of our policies are under constant review and we have recently updated our Responsible Serving of Alcohol policy for P&O Cruises. Whilst we do indeed reserve the right to confiscate alcohol at the gangway should the need arise, it is not our intention to invoke this policy as a matter of course during 2007, or indeed 2008, and we will implement it only on the occasions where we consider the health, comfort, safety or enjoyment of all on board our vessels to be compromised. As part of the policy, we also reserve the right to refuse service of alcohol to any passenger should we be given

cause to do so, similar to any shore based establishment. Unfortunately, our first edition 2008 brochure was printed prior to this decision and I am sorry this was not made clear.

Mr Hunt, I do hope this information helps alleviate some of your concerns and that you can once again look forward to travelling with P&O Cruises.

Kind regards

Claire Edmunds

P&O Cruises

Carnival UK

So if you are ********ed you will have your booze taken from you.

:) :) Happy Cruising:) :)

:cool:

Dai

A decent white wine was £13.50 a bottle on Arcadia last May. or £4.50 a lg glass in the restaurant. Sometimes we just had a glass each and a bottle of water, preferring to drink later on.

Regarding in-cabin drinking, if sailing from SOUTHAMPTON, and not flying, we take on a 3litre box of wine, and got 17 glasses out of it for £17. This box lasted us the 14n and fitted in the fridge, just for a late afternoon/early evening tipple on the balcony.. I also took some Barcardi Orange breezers and a small bottle of Champers. Put in a small weekender type case-on-wheels as hand luggage, so just 'wheel it on'. Why struggle !

Sue

:p Good news, hubby will be pleased he nearly had a fit when I told him they might be stopping taking drinks on so he can have a drink in the cabin to pass the time whilst waiting for me to get ready. Glad P&O are treating passengers like adults, now just have to find some where selling aussie beer in Singapore for some stocks before we sail.:cool:

• 1 year later...
OK, so can someone tell me how much a bottle of house wine is on P&O. We have always had the house wine in other places and it's always quite good. Thanks - can't find the info anywhere.

Jeanlyon,

Not sure about a bottle of house wine but, 1/2 litre carafe of either red, white or rose costs in the region of £7.50 and a litre carafe costs about £14. A glass was about £2:55/£3:75 (small/large) again for house wine.

I think the house wines were from the Gallo family of wines.

This was the case 4 weeks ago on Ventura.

feebee_71 :)

For those of you concerned by the apparent new rule by P&O that they do not allow you to take alcohol onboard this is not the case.

They have changed the policy to enable them to act in situations where passengers are boviously intoxicated, are tring to carry too much alcohol onboard (by too much I think they mean cases of wine or slabs of beer rather than a few bottles or a wine box)

I have travelled 4 times since the rules were changed and have not had any alcohol confiscated from me and have (on 3 occasions) carried alcohol onboard at Southampton in my hand luggage.

There is no need to worry about your couple of bottles of champagne Caspall!!

Feebee_71 :)

• 2 weeks later...

Don't worry... I took a box of wine (with a tap) on my Arcadia cruise last week, no probs.

House wine about £2.50 a glass at dinner £7.70 a 1/2 litre carafe in wine or red .

Its the same as it was before.

Sue

photos of my cruise are on this link if interested -

Voyage to Venice:

http://picasaweb.google.com/AuroraPartyCruiseSueV/VeniceCruiseMay2008

Sue

Archived