Dinner on board when at port???

debster818

Since we have paid for our food on the ship and hear that the food it outstanding, we were wondering if we could return to the ship on port days and have dinner in the dining room. How about lunch? What are our choices? We are on Celebration 4 day cruise leaving 4/26.

Since we have paid for our food on the ship and hear that the food it outstanding, we were wondering if we could return to the ship on port days and have dinner in the dining room. How about lunch? What are our choices? We are on Celebration 4 day cruise leaving 4/26.

You can eat on the ship anytime you want, you should be eating in the dining room every night, its included.

I love port days because you have the ship all to yourself and there are no lines on Lido Deck where the buffet is located.

Fred

Yeah, when we were in Nassau some of our group went back to the ship to eat in the dining room. We, however, went to Senor Frogs and missed dinner.

Depends on your options, I had four nights of the dining room and only one of Nassau.

Just returned from a 4 port cruise on the Liberty (our 10th cruise). I was a bit disappointed this time with the dining arrangements. In the old days, you would still have the dining room open to you when you were in port (maybe just one if they had 2 dining areas) but you had that choice. Now it seems like the only choice is the Lido buffet and even that only had some stations opened. Because of that, the lines were long and the food was "Fast food quality". Hence, I rated our cruise between a B+ and and A-. Personally, I would rather they do away completely with the midnight buffets and keep the Dining Rooms open in port.

We eat all our meals aboard ship ... when in port, we don't eat lunch and have our cheeseburger and boat drink on deck around 4:00 or so, spend the rest of the afternoon listening to music, enjoying ourselves on deck, then go freshen up for dinner at 8:00PM ... perfect!

Sure - the ship is like a floating hotel. You can return to it anytime while docked.

Part of the cruise experience to me is the opportunity to eat in the various ports and try their cuisine. You may never have that chance again!:)

Archived