I Got The Recipes From Princess We All Love

MTJSR

While on my last Grand Princess cruise, I purchased the cookbook called “COURSES” thinking it might have the recipes for the “Love Boat Dream Desert” and the “Fettuccine Alfredo” but later I found it did not contain them. I just wrote an Email letter to Princess and they forwarded both recipes to me. Since I know everyone talks about these items I thought some of you may enjoy these as well. Enjoy!

Princess Love Boat Dream

Serves 8

1 pound bittersweet chocolate

8 ounces sweet butter

6 large egg yolks

8 egg whites

3 ounces Lady Godiva chocolate liqueur

½ cup superfine sugar

3 tablespoons vanilla-flavored sugar

Garnish

16 fresh mint leaves

1 ounce white chocolate

1 ounce milk chocolate

2 tablespoons strawberry piping gel

2 tablespoons bittersweet cocoa

Melt the chocolate in a double boiler. Remove from heat and add the butter. When the mixture is very smooth, quickly blend in the egg yolks and then the chocolate liqueur.

Whisk the egg whites until very stiff, and then add the superfine sugar and flavored sugar.

Gently fold the egg white mixture into the chocolate mixture. Pour into a heart-shaped mold and refrigerate for at least 12 hours to set.

Presentation:

Unmold the chocolate and place in center of the plate. Garnish with white chocolate and milk chocolate. Pipe strawberry gel around plate. Dust mousse with cocoa powder and garnish with fresh mint leaves.

Fettuccine all’Alfredo

Serves 4

1 pound egg noodles

¼ pound ham strips

¼ pound white turkey or chicken strips

4 egg yolks

1 cup heavy cream

4 tablespoons butter

½ cup parmesan cheese

salt and pepper, to taste

Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.

Blend the egg yolks and cream together.

Place butter in pan and melt. Add the turkey and ham and brown lightly. Add the noodles and heat thorough. Gently add the egg yolk/cream mixture.

Season to taste with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Remove from heat and serve.

I don't recall any meat in the fettucini alfredo, hmmm.

I don't recall there being meat in it either but it is in the recipe. It must be cut very small or currently left out. Hmmmm is right! One of the options on the Princess website includes requesting recipes, so if you want the chocolate chip cookie recipe just email them for it.

I don't recall there being meat in it either but it is in the recipe. It must be cut very small or currently left out. Hmmmm is right! One of the options on the Princess website includes requesting recipes, so if you want the chocolate chip cookie recipe just email them for it.

Where is the area to request recipes? Thanks, Jan

I've seen a few of the chef's demonstrations where it was pretty clear that the recipe being used was not the same as the one being used to prepare the dish for the dining room.

I have had the Alfredo many times -- there's no meat in it. And the technique described in the recipe is never going to result in the Utter (Udder?) Deliciousness that is the dish served onboard.

Here's the recipe request email link:

http://www.princess.com/customer_care/emailform.jsp?cat=GI&subcat=s1&subject=Request%20for%20recipes%20and%20bar/wine

I've seen a few of the chef's demonstrations where it was pretty clear that the recipe being used was not the same as the one being used to prepare the dish for the dining room.

I have had the Alfredo many times -- there's no meat in it. And the technique described in the recipe is never going to result in the Utter (Udder?) Deliciousness that is the dish served onboard.

Here's the recipe request email link:

http://www.princess.com/customer_care/emailform.jsp?cat=GI&subcat=s1&subject=Request%20for%20recipes%20and%20bar/wine

I appreciate the link. Nothing ever tastes as good when you make it yourself!;) But at least we try!!

Jan

There is no meat in the fetuccini alfredo aboard ship. Also, the pasta they use is fresh pasta, they make it on board. There is a big difference between the way fresh pasta or dried pasta accepts a sauce, so that makes a big diffence in how "creamy" the final product is.

That's a recipe for Alfredo, but I doubt it is the recipe unsed by Princess and it is definitely not the technique used onboard. The Alfred onboard is finished in the oven.

Sorry you feel that way, I have the Princess Letter Head with recipe direct from Princess in front of me. If you tell me how to paste a word document in a cruise critic post I will prove it to you. It is what they sent to me whether you believe it or not.

I have no doubt that recipe was sent to you by Princess. Lots of restaurant cookbooks and chefs do not give out all of the details of the actual recipes used for the dishes served in their dining rooms.

That is neither the recipe nor the method used for making this dish onboard. Even you said you don't remember it having meat, yet it's on the recipe -- including a *half-pound* of meat in four servings. That's pretty hard to miss. It also excludes some of the technique for preparing the dish the way it is done onboard.

So, yes, the recipe came from Princess, but no, you will not be able to reproduce their dish using it.

MTJSR, I don't believe MaryPoppinz is criticizing you or saying you are not telling the truth - I believe they are saying Princess is not sending out the actual recipes used by onboard chefs.

I would have to agree, it is sad though that my request for the actual recipe was pacified with a fake. Now I wonder if the Love Boat dream is accurate?

I would have to agree, it is sad though that my request for the actual recipe was pacified with a fake. Now I wonder if the Love Boat dream is accurate?

From reading the recipe and sampling the Love Boat Dream on board, I believe that it is authentic, or at least very very close to what the final product is.

You see, I am probably in the minority as I do not care for the "Love Boat Dream". :p It is too dense for my palate, and the omission of whipped cream being folded in before the egg whites being folded in would result in a very dense "mousse" product. The rest of the recipe, ingredients and technique is fairly "classic".

I think that it would necessary to experiment with varying brands of chocolate to reproduce this exactly, but I tend to believe that a readily available product such as Ghiardelli might get you quite close.

As for chocolate chips cookies, might I recommend the Nieman-Marcus recipe that is in wide circulation or good old Toll House cookies make with half butter, half Crisco for a nice balance of crunchy with a bit of height remaining in the final product. :o

Happy sailing.

Didnt they bake the alfredo on board, I remember it having a crust like edge? Am I wrong?

On the rare occasions when I've had Princess' famous FA, it was served in a baked Parmesan cheese "bowl". Perhaps this is what you recall, too.

Bon Appetit!

Chris

You can make the parmesan cheese bowl bypan frying a thin layer of grated parmesan in a saute pan till it just starts to brown - remove it and while still soft drape around a small bowl or large glass. It will harden into a shell in which one can place the fettucini alfredo.

Ron

Archived