Formal dress pictures

Painter

OK...I've heard a lot about the dress for formal nights on Cunard cruises.

So...those of you who have been there done that...can you please give me an idea of what you wear by posting your formal night pictures.

Thanks.

Marleneann.

OK...I've heard a lot about the dress for formal nights on Cunard cruises.

So...those of you who have been there done that...can you please give me an idea of what you wear by posting your formal night pictures.

Thanks.

Marleneann.

Painter - I know the adverts change all the time but really, who fixed it to give you "Belly Dance Vegas Show Girls" allongside this post.

David.

Painter - I know the adverts change all the time but really, who fixed it to give you "Belly Dance Vegas Show Girls" allongside this post.

David.

*Giggle* Took quite some doing.

Yes, I would have to say the handsomeness of you, Lanky, is distracted by that trash can. You should be standing by either a huge pile of gold bars or perhaps in a public place where they work hard to make the surroundings a bit more sparkling.

Just saying. :)

PS: Painter: I've got the formal dresses but am patiently awaiting the chance to wear them, and possibly have them photographed. I'll have to get back to you wrt that. <g>.

Yes, I would have to say the handsomeness of you, Lanky, is distracted by that trash can. You should be standing by either a huge pile of gold bars or perhaps in a public place where they work hard to make the surroundings a bit more sparkling.

Just saying. :)

PS: Painter: I've got the formal dresses but am patiently awaiting the chance to wear them, and possibly have them photographed. I'll have to get back to you wrt that. <g>.

Waiting...waiting...waiting patiently to see your pictures. *G*

Hi Marleneann,

this video QM2 Summer Sampler I Cruise 2006 will answer your question about the dress for formal nights and more:)

http://video.google.de/videoplay?docid=2696632329921886248&q=%22qm2%22

Joe

jmb (at) htk (minus) usa (dot) com

That was a great video!....I am thinking I will show it to the neighbours and charge admission. *G*

Fantastic.

Thank you for going to the trouble to post it.

Marleneann.

http://home.iprimus.com.au/marleneann/

Hi Marleneann,

I just noticed your question. I don't have photos, but I sailed the QM2 last Spring and I'll be on the April 10 sailing to the Caribbean (this Tuesday!). Formal nights are easy for the men: tuxedos. I have worn -- and will wear again on this cruise -- a floor length black chiffon skirt with 2 different sheer and beaded tops. I have another floor length gown for the 3rd night. Last year I wore a calf-length dressy dress with a sheer shawl for a formal night. For the most part, women wear the type of floor length or calf length dressy gowns you'd wear to a wedding. Shorter dresses are ok, too, but the operative word is dressy. You'll also see some palazzo pants, but just think "your nephew's wedding" and you won't go wrong. Btw, Cunard likes to do a mind game with us women by declaring one or more "informal" nights. That means "semi formal" and again, a shorter dressy dress or silk pants outfit is good for "informal." Bring along a shawl or two for comfort in the air conditioning, and have fun dressing up. Hope this helps.

Barbara

Hi Marleneann,

this video QM2 Summer Sampler I Cruise 2006 will answer your question about the dress for formal nights and more:)

http://video.google.de/videoplay?docid=2696632329921886248&q=%22qm2%22

Joe

jmb (at) htk (minus) usa (dot) com

Hi HAMBURGcruiser:

is it your video?

Then thank you for sharing us the pleasure to see it!

If not: thank you for telling us the link!

Think that we should try to get on in 2009 after 2008 on QV and 2007 on QE2...

Regards,

HeinBloed

MusSmoking-vi.jpg

N.B. I am sure Painter is still waiting to see women's pictures with women's dresses...

Hey girls: do not be so shy!!! This is a public fashion show!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I promise. I will post a couple from one of our trips, As soon as I can dig out from the piles of stuff!

Spring cleaning. It gets much worse (the piles) before it gets better!

Karie,

that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

P.S. Nice pic, Newtom!

very nice cunard queen, not sure the maids outfit is correct for formal nights !!!! by the way whos the guy in the kilt?

Phillip

The Maid is actually Maria my stewardess in 2004,Quite simply the best l have ever encountered, nothing was too much trouble for her, she even poured drinks at my cabin party, l cant praise her highly enough. Even Captain Bates spoke very highly of her in glowing terms.

As for the other.. that is Cunardqueen !!!

cheers

Myles

Archived