Does anyone know if ziplines on Labadee completed?

jaysue

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry but we were there this past Friday and they still were not open. No signs indicating when they would be open. There are actually two separate lines - a short one and the long one that goes over the water. That one looked scary but I survived the long zip line in Jamaica the day before and am now dying to try the Labadee line. It looks like a lot of fun!!

Just saw a RCCL press release that 'mentioned' a 4,000 foot "Dragon's Flight" zip line on Labadee. No mention of when it would be operational. Anyone heard anything of when it will be open. Will be there in early July and would love to give it a try.

I was there on Sunday, May 6. They were not open yet. But a staff member told me they were supoosed to open on Tuesday, May 8. They were having a slight problem with the stopping being a little too hard.

The main zip-line is looooooooong. It starts way up the mountain, goes down over the trees, accross the water, and ends at Dragon's Rock.

I just talked to RCCL and was told the testing is done, they have had a few test runs on 9 May to work out some final details and it should be "officially" open in a few days. It should appear on the RCCL web site early next week (week of 14 may) so people can book the zip lines. They have not decided on the final price but are looking around $59 for one run and a second run for $20 more. Still working out the total number of people they can accommodate on the 5 lines. Check the RCCL web site starting Monday for the final details and booking options. Hope this helps.

One other thing I was told.......Getting to the main tower is not easy. Our jet-ski tour guide told us the hike is difficult.

I believe it. It doesn't even look as though the tower is on RCI's property.

I just checked on the RCI SHOREX booking site, and found the following information.

It is showing open and available for our June 15 cruise.

The price is $65.00 U.S.

Quote:

"Come test the tradewinds on Labadee's Dragon's Breath Flight Line, the longest flight line in the world over water. Enjoy breathtaking views, as you zip down at speeds of 40-50 mph. Minimum height to participate is 60 inches. Minimum weight 75 lbs, maximum weight 275 lbs.

Come test the tradewinds on Labadee's Dragon's Breath Flight Line. After a flight briefing and orientation, test your mettle on our shorter "Little Dragon" flight line. Then experience a short drive in our custom-made safari vehicles to the take-off point for the Dragon's Breath, 500 feet above the beaches of Labadee. At over 2,600 feet long, this is the longest flight line in the world over water. Enjoy breathtaking views, as you zip down the flight line at speeds of 40-50 mph. Your flight lands at Dragon's Breath Rock where your adventure began. The minimum height to participate is 60 inches (5 feet). Minimum weight 75 lbs, maximum weight 275 lbs."

end quote.

Sounds great!! :D

We went on the new zipline and it was AWESOME and AMAZING!! We were on the Mariner right after drydock, May 6th and the morning we were in Labadee the cruise director announced that they were opening the Zip line TODAY! We were the second group to go up and I must say it's quite intimidating when you do get up to the "big one." That day they only charged $59, which was a steal. We agree that we would have paid $79 in a heartbeat!

Have fun!!

This is from anpther posting I just did, but I wanted to add that there is no "hiking" at all, they take you up in Safari like Jeeps.

Can't answer about cabanna massages, but one peice of advice I'll pass on about Labadee's zipline. Sign up for early zips. Here's why. You are given time to do short practice runs before you do the long run. If you get too close to the time of the final tender back to the ship, time can run out and you will not get the chance to do the long run.

This happened just this week. The island's crew shut down the zipline and some folks never got beyond the practice run. I don't know if these unfortunate folks were refunded their money. I hope they were.

Anyway, juts to be safe, sign up for runs early in the day to be sure you can do the whole thing. The zipline will be shut down if the weather turns bad, also.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived