Tony's on the Beach, Mazatlan

improvman

I've read some good comments regarding Tony's on the Beach. My wife and I are taking city tour with Vista Tours (sorry Frank) and afterwards, want to have lunch and relax by the beach. If we have lunch at Tony's, do they have beach chairs we can use? Also, is it possible to rent jetskis nearby? One last question, how long would a cab ride take to get back to the ship?

Thanks.

We have eaten at Tony's twice. I do not think they have anything to do with the beach itself. Your three steps from the sand. Almost poitive there is nothing to the North and the El Cid is to the South. Don't recall seeing any ski doo type riders while eating.

Both times we caught a taxi street side withinin 5 minutes. 15-20 minute ride.

Another thought about Tony’s. We were ripped off last time by a taxi driver who had no idea where Tony’s was. When we got out of the cab it didn’t look familiar. By the time I saw we were in the wrong spot, the driver was long gone. Another taxi 10 minutes later and $7.00 more we were there.

Ask Frank to get the actual street address for Tony’s

No problem amigos. You will enjoy Tonys on the beach. They do have tables and chairs with an umbrella right on the beach. Jet skis are next store. Ask Tony and he will tell you who has them for rent.

They have boogie boards, jet skis, sailboats, parasailing and I think kayaks also in the area.

Try the imperial platter, it is the best. It has 2 lobsters (pacific lobster) and about 6 jumbo shrimp. It comes with tortilla soup or salad. Have the soup, mmmm!

Also the Piña coladas are very good. If you like beer with lime, try my favorite, MICHELADA, I call it chocolate milk. It is a glass or mug with salt on top like a margarita, with lime juice, ice and then they pour the beer in. It is very good! Dont ask for a chocolate milk elsewhere because that is what you will get.

Remember to say Tonys on the beach, between the Caravelle and Fiesta Inn Hotels, because many get confused with another Tonys (actually Mr Tonys) at the entrance of the Golden zone. Not the same place.

Enjoy when you are in Mazatlan....

Mazatlan Frank

Everything that Mazatlan Frank says is true. We were just there in early March 2007. The location is a little strange as when you pull up it looks like you are at a vacant business complex. Go to the middle of the building area and look left it is right there. We had the Imperial Platter and it was WONDERFUL! Our relaxed lunch at Tony's on the Beach was a highlight of our cruise. Enjoy!

We went to Tony's last year with Mazatlan Frank's beach and city tour. We had lunch on the patio, and afterwards moved down onto the beach where there were a couple of canopies with tables/chairs underneath. I don't recall seeing (or hearing) any jet skis in the area. It was just a nice place to relax and spend a couple of hours. A few vendors came by, but they were no more bothersome than anywhere else. The imperial platter is very tasty and huge - DH and I didn't eat even half of it.:)

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I am not sure if this thread will last, because they have been deleting all the information that I have written, but a taxi to Tonys on the beach is 12us dollars one way, per taxi. The ride is about 25 mins from the ship. Remember to tell them that it is next to the Caravelle Hotel. Many taxi drivers take people to other restaurants that are similar.

The prices run between 4 or 5 us for a snack to about 15 to 20us per person for a great shrimp meal.

Hope this answers stays on the boards. Enjoy your meal!

Mazatlan Frank

They also have excellent Mexican food. Try the molcajete, which is one of thoses lava bowls where you make salsa. It is beef or chicken or mixed cooked in a tomatoe sauce that is not spicey but is hot (boiling) and they add green onion, nopal (cactus), cheese and they give you on the side a plate with guacamole beans and rice plus tortillas, then you make tacos out of all this.

The Mexican plate is also great, plus they have enchiladas, tacos, steak, fish, chicken, salads and more.......

Enjoy!

Mazatlan Frank

• 8 months later...
How do you know they will come back for you?

It is not that hard to get a taxi, Tony's is off the main highway, as you can see below...we waited all of 3 minutes to see a taxi driving by. I think it was about $8 from here to pier. This is my wife giving me the look of death because I took this pic of her.

ry%3D400

• 4 months later...

I went to Tony's back in 2006 with Mazatlan Frank. I recorded the coordinates with my GPS on the beach in front of Tonys.

They are: N 23.25931 W 106.46485

Here is a link on Google Maps: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=n23.25931+w106.46485&sll=23.259307,-106.464847&sspn=0.044001,0.061455&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=16&iwloc=addr

Archived