Flying out of Newark

DocJohnB

We are booked on Dawn for a NE/Canada cruise on 9/23. I have a question regarding return flights.

There are two non stop flights to our home (Bangor, ME) - 12:35 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. The flights leave from Newark (EWR).

Is the 12:35 flight cutting it too close?

This cruise ends on a Thursday, so NYC traffic on a work day comes into play, I would suppose.

Thanks.

We are booked on Dawn for a NE/Canada cruise on 9/23. I have a question regarding return flights.

There are two non stop flights to our home (Bangor, ME) - 12:35 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. The flights leave from Newark (EWR).

Is the 12:35 flight cutting it too close?

This cruise ends on a Thursday, so NYC traffic on a work day comes into play, I would suppose.

Thanks.

I would think you might be cutting it a bit close. Your ship is scheduled to dock at 10:00 a.m. so you probably won't get off until 11 at the earliest. If it were me, I would book the later flight and take in some of the sights of the City during the day.

I'm with Carol54. If your ship isn't scheduled to get in until 10 I think it would be too close. If everything went perfectly I suppose there would be a possibility, but one thing to go wrong, mainly, the ship possibly being late for any reason, and everything is messed up. Then you would have to spend the day rescheduling trying to get out. A day wasted. Have fun!:)

I DID NOT even realize that the ship returned until 10am until I read your response Carol54. I guess I just supposed it was 7-8 a.m. like all my other 16 cruises. Whew!

It now becomes a no-brainer for me. You are right, that is ABSOLUTELY cutting it too close for comfort.

Thanks.

If you had not included the 10am arrival, I too would have gone for the earlier flight, and also done express disembark - carry your own bags.

But, with a scheduled 10am arrival (unusual), then go for the later. Arrange to see some of NYC. There must be something you can do with your bags I guess, other than maybe rent a car. Parking in NY is a bear, but it would take care of your bags, and cover your return to the airport.

Hmmmm

Archived