El San Juan vs. Caribe Hilton

Trixsea

Hi, Terry!

Have not stayed at El San Juan, however Gwynn & I did stay at the Normandie located next to Caribe Hilton last April. We walked around the grounds of Caribe Hilton and through the hotel. Seemed like a nice place and the beach area was nice. Very large patio/courtyard area that looked very relaxing.

Caribe Hilton has several restaurants. Each looked a bit pricey for our likes.

Note: There are not many restaurants near the Hilton or Normandie. However, there are several within a moderate walk from the hotels.

If you stay at the Caribe you've got to walk into the Normandie for a look. Decorated in art deco, it's quite a trip. We really enjoyed our stay there, however we were only there one night. Don't think I'd pick the Normandie for a stay longer than one night.

Dianne

Hi Dianne!! Thanks for the info!

No problem.:)

Gwynn & I have said if we go back to San Juan we want to spend at least two days at Caribe Hilton. But then we can get a hefty discount there as our youngest daughter works for the Hilton chain as an assistant manager.:D

Have read many pros and cons on the hotel, just know we liked what we saw when we were there last year. We walked around the property for about 2 to 3 hours.

Dianne

Just spent two nights pre-cruise at the Caribe Hilton. I'd go back in a heartbeat! Yep the food is a bit pricey, but we were on vacation so we expected to spend a little extra. The one thing I like is the beach, very calm and it is private. (The only hotel on the island that has a private beach) Service in the dining room is a bit slow, but from what I saw it is really more geared to the buffet and by the way the buffets are wonderful. Better than on our cruise. I hope what ever you decide you enjoy your visit. San Juan is a awesome place to visit.

No problem.:)

Gwynn & I have said if we go back to San Juan we want to spend at least two days at Caribe Hilton. But then we can get a hefty discount there as our youngest daughter works for the Hilton chain as an assistant manager.:D

Have read many pros and cons on the hotel, just know we liked what we saw when we were there last year. We walked around the property for about 2 to 3 hours.

Dianne

Hello there..long time. Thanks for the information.

I am sailing out of San Juan next March and am researching

hotels...pre-cruise for one night.

Do you happen to know if San Juan only has one zone

for bidding on Priceline?

The prices through the Hilton website are quite pricey.

Good to see you both again.:)

You can get the Caribe Hilton for $70 a night on priceline....all of the other hotels were going for at least double that. We're going in May and were ready to stay at a 2 star hotel just to keep costs down, but then saw the posts about the Caribe Hilton going for SO LITTLE on priceline that we couldn't resist!

You can get the Caribe Hilton for $70 a night on priceline....all of the other hotels were going for at least double that. We're going in May and were ready to stay at a 2 star hotel just to keep costs down, but then saw the posts about the Caribe Hilton going for SO LITTLE on priceline that we couldn't resist!

Hi..70 bucks per night? That is for next month? Good for you:)

I need a room next March......wonder what they will be going

for at that time:eek:

Good to hear from you too!

Can't answer your question about priceline zones in San Juan but sure someone will come on here with your answer.

Enjoy your night's stay in San Juan. Gwynn and I consider it one of our favorite ports.:)

Dianne

Archived