Jewel is coming back to Boston

The best site on the internet to fall in love with The Jewel Of The Seas..is...Ship Parade.com This site has some of the best pic's and reviews of her and many other lovely ladies that make cruising so much fun!.....Oh to all you Boston cruisers...The Norweigan Gem which will be launched in October 07 will be running a Cruise to nowhere from Boston on December 15th to December 17th....she is the sister to The Pearl we have already booked..prices are high right now but I think because of the weather she will have a major price drop just before sailing?...Oh just a note no indoor pool..just an oversized wirlpool in the spa besides the outdoor hot tubs..bring your bowling shoes..her and Pearl have the first alleys at sea! See you on board! Eddie:D

FYI, not only is Bermuda not on next year's repo, but neither is Curacao. Both of those ports were on the 2006 one. I loved Bermuda and would like to go back, but I think I'm done with the Southern Caribbean. Too hot, even in November, for me at least!

So they are giving us less ports (even on our 7 day Canada/NE for next year) and charging us more!

Hi Isabella, let me know how the Cananda/new england cruise is on the jewel. I told my DH that I would like to do that cruise next (after the one we have booked already). We were considering the Explorer out of NJ but I would rather go from Boston and show my DH my old hometown of MEDFORD. I live in FLorida now and we are going on Radiance in January.

Lucky you, Medfordgirl, I mean living in Florida, we are booked on repo cruise, not NE. I was thinking of doing B2B. Maybe that will work out for next year.

Where did you live in Medford?

west medford. on High Street. Debating on going to my 30th medford high reuinion this year.:eek: Well, let me know about the jewel anyway. We had originally tried to book her but there weren't any suites left so we went with Radiance instead. I would like to see Halifax and go to the titanic museum and gravesite. saw the titanic exhibit when it was here and loved it.

You will? I thought it had to be 12 nights or longer. This is a ten nighter. That would be great. If it is $900 per cabin I might be booking soon. Yipeeeee!

Thanks everyone.

Opps, I was incorrect. You are right. I was just excited. ;-)

Oh to all you Boston cruisers...The Norweigan Gem which will be launched in October 07 will be running a Cruise to nowhere from Boston on December 15th to December 17th....she is the sister to The Pearl we have already booked..prices are high right now but I think because of the weather she will have a major price drop just before sailing?...

Is this for Dec. 07? Can we book that now? I would love to check out the new ship from Boston.

Thanks!

The Norwegian Gem will do only 1 sailing out of Boston..Saturday December 15..return Monday the 17th of 2007. This is a Nowhere cruise..I have been on many and they are alot of fun...the last Nowhere out of Black Falcon was about 6 -7 years ago...so they are rare in Boston unlike N.Y.C which have several yearly. The Gem which is like The Pearl,sisters is quite gaudy in decour..velvet beds in the disco..only a 2 story atrium..with a gigantic lcd screen in the main lobby. You can view her sister The Pearl on Ship Parade.com and if you would like to book go to NCL.com or one of the wholesale sites. May I say the prices are high and will most likely drop but my group wanted a high deck with a balcony. Heck it's December in Boston...what a way to start the holiday's....just hope they televise The Pats game? Eddie

HI GANG!!!

NICE to see you here Isabella!!! HI Renie!!! HELLO BILL NEGC!!!

YUP...I already booked the Repo!!!...and I don't even know where it is going...LOL!!! AND I DON'T CARE!!! LOL!!!

I hope to see you all onboard...with THE ROYAL JEWELS!!!:D

PUNA PUNA!!!

ROSS

HI GANG!!!

NICE to see you here Isabella!!! HI Renie!!! HELLO BILL NEGC!!!

YUP...I already booked the Repo!!!...and I don't even know where it is going...LOL!!! AND I DON'T CARE!!! LOL!!!

I hope to see you all onboard...with THE ROYAL JEWELS!!!:D

PUNA PUNA!!!

ROSS

Hi Ross - Not a bad itinerary - 10 nights to San Juan, St. Thomas, St. Maarten, and Aruba and days at sea in between. Ship will end up in Miami instead of FLL in 2008. We have a group of friends who are interested in going.

Did you see the Jewel westbound TA itinerary for 2008? There are stops in LeHavre, Falmouth, England, Wales, Ireland, and Newfoundland, leaving Harwich on September 8, 2008

Hi Ross,

Glad you are on board!

All it takes for Jewel come back to Boston and we all jumping of joy! I could not beleive , when I saw the itinerary poped on RCCL website. I called my TA and he already had my name down. Nice to have TA who is a mind reader. We had such a great time last year and were so disappointed for this year cancelation. Hope RCCL will not repeat the history. Instead of cancelled Jewel, we will be going on Galaxy to Turkey and Egypt. Have you ever done that? Are you doing TA on Jewel this year?

I wonder if somebody started a roll call. This will fun 18 months.

Keep cruising.

Seriously, please help me out here.

I had to put down $450 per pax or $1,350 for the 3 of us for the Jewel's 08 Bos to Mia repo.

This was with RCCL direct, no TA.

Are others able to book more than 2 pax with only a $900 deposit?

Good to see you aboard, Ross- puna, puna!

Wendy

Seriously, please help me out here.

I had to put down $450 per pax or $1,350 for the 3 of us for the Jewel's 08 Bos to Mia repo.

This was with RCCL direct, no TA.

Are others able to book more than 2 pax with only a $900 deposit?

Good to see you aboard, Ross- puna, puna!

Wendy

I just called and I was told $450 a person. Since we have four kids that will be quite the deposit. I am hoping to book soon though!

HI GANG!!!

HI ISABELLA!!! We are doing the JOS Transatlantic this year. I will be leading a tour of the D-Day landing beaches in France when we dock at Le Havre...something I always promised myself to do.

HI BILL!!! This year's Transatlantic will be fine for me...next year...warm weather and sailing from Boston...just right!!! CALLING ALL ROYAL JEWELS!!! LOL!!!

HI WENDY!!! $450 per person is the deal!!!

LOOK FOR THE REPO THREAD..."BOSTON TO MIAMI...OCTOBER 28th. 2008..."

ON THE RCI MEET AND MINGLE.

Hi Ross,

Saw this post, so I had to say hi.

So glad to hear that the Bost-Miami Repo is back on!

Sounds very temping!

Royal Jewels, where R U?

Better head over 2 the Meet and Mingle:)

I loved the JOS last year on the 5 night Bermuda. For those looking for Bermuda with the 10 night repo think about doing a B2B. Oct 23-28. Bos-Bermuda.

Unless someone like Vacation Outlet charters the Jewel for a 5 night Bermuda cruise as they did last year at outrageous (IMHO) prices you won't be visiting Bermuda on the Jewel in 2008.:( The published cruises are all to Maine and Eastern Canada and the repo goes directly to San Juan from Boston. Still a cruise to Portland and Bar Harbor, Maine and Halifax, Nova Scotia combined with the repo sounds pretty good to me.:)

Archived