What is the name of the liquor...

MiBoater

MiBoater, you should be able to find at least 2 or 3 brands of Limomcello at any good liquor store.....ask the manager if yoiu don't see it. Keep the bottle stored in the freezer and you'll always be ready to experience the taste of the Amalfi Coast. On a hot summer night it is a great way to end the evening.....or a great way to begin one.

Yuck I hated it. :p

You've GOT to be Kidding!!

It was the best tasting drink I've ever had. I could have had 10 of them! I'm glad I didn't because I didn't realize it was VODKA!

I would have falled out of my chair!

Try it over crushed ice...it's like a limoncello snowcone!:)

Recently, while buying limoncello locally, I discovered a creme version. I brought a bottle home and it's lovely! It's not quite as strong or biting as the regular limoncello....it's very smooth.

The Crown had a limoncello gelato at the International Cafe. Had to try it one night. It was very yummy...:)

MiBoater, you should be able to find at least 2 or 3 brands of Limomcello at any good liquor store.....ask the manager if yoiu don't see it. Keep the bottle stored in the freezer and you'll always be ready to experience the taste of the Amalfi Coast. On a hot summer night it is a great way to end the evening.....or a great way to begin one.

I'm going right out to buy it! I can imagine drinking it this summer on the dock on a hot summer night.

Meanwhile the weather man in Michigan is calling for another 3 inches of Global Warming to pile up on my driveway tomorrow!

Just my two bits... Yummy! Had it for the first time over at my Dad's at Easter. He stores it in the freezer and yum yum!! :) :) It does have a bit of a bite but the sweetness of the lemon in fantastic. He first had it in Italy this past September. Truly Italian!

Me too!! Tasted like cough syrup.:eek: Now Sambucca that's a different story!:p

Yes I think it all depends on how it is made on the particular ship you are on. Ours was really strong, bitter.

People rave about it so I tried it on the Crown, never again. :cool:

You've GOT to be Kidding!!

It was the best tasting drink I've ever had. I could have had 10 of them! I'm glad I didn't because I didn't realize it was VODKA!

I would have falled out of my chair!

We had it on the Grand last week too! Nello was our waiter in the Michellangelo and he told us if we drank one, he would buy the other one...so we had to!! It was goooooooooooood!!:D

The key to enjoying limoncello is to serve it very, very cold. Consider putting it in your freezer.

If there is a Buca de Beppo in your town, they serve it well. Their small glasses are very frosty.

The key to enjoying limoncello is to serve it very, very cold. Consider putting it in your freezer.

If there is a Buca de Beppo in your town, they serve it well. Their small glasses are very frosty.

It's funny - I find it nice at room temperature, but the brand I bought reeks of fake lemon and tastes awful when it's ice cold. :confused:

MiBoater, too bad you weren't around to advise Danny DeVito before he went on The View.:)

http://www.tmz.com/2006/11/29/danny-devito-hammered-on-the-view/

I didn't realize that was what Devito was drinking! What a hoot.

Can anybody suggest a very good Brand of Lemoncello?

Thanks!

By the way, we have 5 inches of global warming piled up on our deck , and it didn't start to snow until noon! I wish I was on the Grand RIGHT NOW!

By the way, we have 5 inches of global warming piled up on our deck , and it didn't start to snow until noon!

MiBoater,

We started getting some precipitation in our neighborhood at noon - a combination of rain/snow and very windy. I'm guessing you are north of Oakland County. Looks like the "white stuff" is headed this way in the overnight hours. Michigan weather! Gotta love it ;) .

Chris

"They call it Limoncello" Us oldtimers can hear Donovan singing this lyric. Can you?
quite rightly;)

I too would be very interested in knowing a specific brand of limoncello...can't remember what I purchased, but it did not have the intense fresh lemon flavor that I experienced on the coral princess.

MiBoater,

We started getting some precipitation in our neighborhood at noon - a combination of rain/snow and very windy. I'm guessing you are north of Oakland County. Looks like the "white stuff" is headed this way in the overnight hours. Michigan weather! Gotta love it ;) .

Chris

I'm located in West Michigan, along the beautiful Lake Michigan shoreline. I think that many cruisers would be surprised by the great ports along this shoreline. THAT'S why we have our own boat, so we can cruise at our leisure.

• 2 weeks later...

We had limoncello on our Western Caribbean cruise (4/14 out of Galveston) on the Grand. It was the most amazing stuff I've ever had! I got very happy...:D I think I was in love with Jorge, our waitperson, after the second glass. My husband thought it was very funny. I can't wait to make it myself and serve it this summer!

Dolphinmar

We had it aboard the Diamond last week, and it was TERRIBLE! They served the creamy variety and it was just awful. On a positive note...once we bought the glass, they refilled it 2-3 times! We have had the original Limoncello in Boston, and buy it at the liquor store here, and it IS good...but not that creamy variety aboard the Diamond!

Archived