Need help with cabin decision - Liberty

We are going on the Liberty in 08 and have 3 choice cabins to decide from

a D1 - aft corner cabin 1700 , E1 aft corner cabin 9704 and E2 hump (middle of hump) cabin 8638. If you have any experience with these on the Freedom could you let me know the pros and cons. Thank you so much for your help

We are going on the Liberty in 08 and have 3 choice cabins to decide from

a D1 - aft corner cabin 1700 , E1 aft corner cabin 9704 and E2 hump (middle of hump) cabin 8638. If you have any experience with these on the Freedom could you let me know the pros and cons. Thank you so much for your help

WEEEEELL, cindy, with only two of you, although I would *want* 1700, I would be afraid that they either wouldn't let me book it for just two, or that they'd throw me out of it somewhere along the line. Between the other two, I'd be tempted to go for the E2 hump. (since 8638 is dead center)

Yes, corner aft 9704 will give you a bigger balcony, but not one of the mega-balconies. And as much as I am an aft fan, I'm slightly intimidated by just how far back an aft IS on a Freedom class ship!

The good news is: You can't go wrong with these three cabins! There's no bad choice!

Merion Mom.. could use some advice also.. have 3 passengers.. myself and two (21) yr old sons... would it be better to book a GS or the combination of 9696 & 9701... for FOS...

Thanks

GS - only three of you - they can have the two single beds and you will be fine on the sofabed. Our GS sofabed on the Enchantment was VERY VERY comfortable.

I am editing now since I checked the deck plans: That's a D connected to an interior - a good choice for the three of you. I would say that MY choice would come down to price on this one: You would have to book one as a single, and you'd then really be paying for two. Does that come out more or less than three in the GS on your sailing?

September 9 - $4900 in the GS

$2176 + $1319 = $3495 in a D2 & an L.

In this instance, it's cheaper to book two cabins, even if you are paying the extra load for the single!

Ok, that's just a random pick when all three categories are available. That particular pairing is hard to come by. You'll need to talk to someone at RC about finding a cruise if you need that combination. You would need to be flexible in your dates. Let me know if you need more help. You can email me at my Cruise Critic name (no space) on american online.

I actually called first thing this morning and got these cabins for FOS Dec 14 - 2008.... and that was the price difference....just second guessing the GS.. but $ is significant for everything else..

Archived