Should I be thanking Bob Dickinson?

OhioBeachBum

We were on the Victory to Canada for the 7/22 sailing out of New York. When we got to our cabin, we found two bottles of wine (red & white). Just as we were pulling away from the pier, the room steward came and brought us a dozen chocolate covered strawberries. All of this, according to the blue slips of paper, was compliments of Carnival Cruise Lines. Has anyone else received these any of these "extras"? We weren't in a suite, just a rear balcony (loved it).

The only thing I can think of was that, after our cruise on the Miracle in April, I emailed BD to tell him what a great time we had and how great the crew was to us (I gave him the names of the crew members that went out of their way for us). Could this be the reason we were given a few freebies? Has this happened to anyone else?

You sure there wasn't a name inside the card? I bought chocolate covered strawberries for a friend and she also thought they came from Carnival because it had the same thing on the card. It wasn't until later she realized there was a name inside. Has someone been acting a little strange since you got back - like they are waiting for a thank you?

Yeah, I got the same thing on my cruise in July, and I had just sent an email prior to it with a suggestion and a compliment.

I got:

A nice personal note of thanks for choosing Carnival again.

• A Basket of Fruit
  • Chocolate covered Strawberries
  • Some asst stuffed animals for DD
  • A bottle of wine
  • An invitation to a VIP party with the captain, his Sr. staff, the cruise director, and about 4 other families. This was in the Piano bar. Very upscale hors d'oeuvres. And non measured drinks!
  • An assortment of fruits again on a plate, including more chocolate covered strawberries (yummy).

These all came every night. We were surprised it went on the whole week, but it was a nice touch! I'm missing something, but whatever.

And last:

A visit at dinner from the cruise social host or manager on the second night (formal night), forget the exact title, inquiring as to if I was enjoying my cruise, and if I needed anything, to contact her, and she gave me her card.

And then of course, my returning guest stuff (pins, invite to the past cruise guest party, etc.)

They went over the top for me this time. :o :o :o

Pete: perhaps you could help me with the wording on my next letter!

We usually will send a similar (complement/suggestion) letter after each cruise... we have received (on following cruises) either chocolates, bar credits, 10 and 15% off future cruise letters, etc... But prior to these there has always been a letter from them stating that I would be receiving something.. never out of the blue!

Tom

Pete: perhaps you could help me with the wording on my next letter!

LOL :p

I *think* it was because I wrote it so close to my sailing. Never heard back from them regarding the email at all. I actually didn't expect to, nor was I looking for anything.

Obviously, it exceeded my expectations.

Guest Crazeecat5

How can I email BD directly? I have had some wonderful cruise experiences aboard all of my Carnival cruises. Please advise....

Sheryl

I sent an email the day we got back, we were some very happy cruisers.... listed all of the crew that deserved a round of applause, and also raised some concerns about safety in the pool area (slippery)... we received 6 emails in return, ALL from Uncle Bob (yes, I know they weren't really from Bob...), one of them even said I should consider writing professionally, LOL!!!! All we received were the thank you emails (which we did not even expect, but to get 6, from the "same person"!!!! LOL!).... Sending a letter about your cruise is nice to do as it helps Carnival to see what they are doing RIGHT (as opposed to the complaints they get), but I think you get the same result if you mail to customer service (as I am pretty sure that is where that infamous email address goes anyways...had I sat and thought about it, I would have done that initially)... You can submit testimonials and reviews right from Carnival's site...

It sounds to me like your TA possibly booked you into a "group" without you knowing?? Chocolate covered strawberries, cocktail party, and wine in your cabin are all ammenities for a group cruise. It's possible that they booked you into a group but didn't tell you.

After our second cruise I wrote a letter and recvd by snailmail a letter stating 15% off discount.. we are all going on a cruise again in March and I was able to use it for that cruise and it is saving us over $1000! Not too shabby...

It sounds to me like your TA possibly booked you into a "group" without you knowing?? Chocolate covered strawberries, cocktail party, and wine in your cabin are all ammenities for a group cruise. It's possible that they booked you into a group but didn't tell you.

I booked the cruise myself via the Internet.

You sure there wasn't a name inside the card? I bought chocolate covered strawberries for a friend and she also thought they came from Carnival because it had the same thing on the card. It wasn't until later she realized there was a name inside. Has someone been acting a little strange since you got back - like they are waiting for a thank you?

I thought of that and carefully examined the piece of paper. All it said was Compliments of Carnival Cruise Lines.

I received this same treatment last year on the Glory. First, we were bumped up from a category eleven to a twelve, received an on-board credit of $100.00 a piece. Also a couple of bottles of wine and a tray of chocolate covered strawberries. Gave it all to the room steward. She loved it.

Also, all emails should go to grelations@carnival.com not Bob Dickinson.

We were part of a group last year on the Conquest and everyone got a bottle of champagne and choc. covered strawberries. My DH and I also got a fruit basket(from the Hotel director) and more strawberries, I think, for organizing the group. On our last cruise in Feb on the Holiday, we got 2 bottles of champagne and it was just another family and us that booked through that TA. I like finding extras in my cabin, no matter who sends them!!

Carnival has always done that if you have a problem and write to them. We wrote a letter last year after our Alaska cruise explaining that we had a great cruise and loved the staff and and the ship. We got a letter from Canival about two weeks later, asking us to call this 800 number two week before our next cruise and they would had a gift waiting for us in our state room.

I booked the cruise myself via the Internet.

Then who ever you booked with, :cool: blocked that space as a group!!!! :rolleyes: Unless you book as a group that is the only way unless you have a secret admirer.:confused:

Lucky You

Bob

I wrote a long letter to BD thanking him for everything he has done for cruising (keeping it affordable). On our last cruise we received a bottle of wine, a fruit tray, and a dozen chocolate covered strawberries. I was told that it was BD. I sent him a thank you note! :)

Archived