How soon before I can dance??

island lady

I have been told by my internet agent, when I inquired about approximate time to receive docs, that they contacted HAL who told them that they do not ship docs until 30 days before your cruise.

This is in contrast to what I have read on other threads. Can anyone confirm this?

My feet are really getting itchy to start dancing!! :D

Cheers! :)

Received ours yesterday for the Volendam June 8th cruise. I asked yesterday and another member said that if you have booked directly with Hal and paid off the bill early that sometimes you can get them 4-6 weeks out. By the way the documents were nicely presented. Have a nice cruise.

I have been told by my internet agent, when I inquired about approximate time to receive docs, that they contacted HAL who told them that they do not ship docs until 30 days before your cruise.

This is in contrast to what I have read on other threads. Can anyone confirm this?

My feet are really getting itchy to start dancing!! :D

The documents won't (usually) be sent out until 30 days before sailing IF you have used HAL air, because they don't usually do the plane bookings until then. Without HAL air we've gotten them as early as 7 or 8 weeks before sailing.

Are you trying the "Tracking Your Cruise Documents" option at Guests? Use your HAL booking number in the DHL "Reference" box. If you get a "No shipments found" message either DHL has not picked them up from HAL yet, or they have been sent in bulk to your TA. :)

I think it depends on alot of things. I just received ours for the Ryndam 04-22-07. That is cutting it close! They were shipped from HAL to my TA on 04-05 and just finally got here. Very frustrating sometimes!:rolleyes:
Nah, that's not close! For our Noordam Rome r/t we got ours 3 days before the flight! Our TA blamed HAL's "new computer system" (at that time) and maybe he was right because we later got a letter of apology from HAL and a $50 OBC on a future cruise.

Thanks for your input everyone. It looks like it is indeed a wide variety of times..

I booked my own airfare...using those frequent flyer miles that could expire if I don't! :eek:

The docs are supposed to be sent to the agent first, and then forwarded to me.

I guess I was just hoping that since the cruise is paid in full, I booked and paid in full early, and have an assigned cabin.....that they would send the docs now. So much for guessing....now I just have to keep dreaming of dancing.....hopefully soon to take out the dancing shoes! :D

Even so, they may show up in the DHL tracking system. :)

I have been trying to pull that up for the last week, to no avail...unfortunately...sigh... :(

Guess I am still in the "hold pattern"....and my dancing shoes are all polished and ready to go, but getting more lonely by the hour!! :eek:

Archived