Just booked Oosterdam again. Totally different itenerary though

OceanFantasys

I sailed the Oosterdam in February to the Mexican Riviera and just loved the ship. I found a really good last minute deal to Alaska on her for June of this year so I couldn't pass it up. I have never sailed from Seattle before so I thought some of the people from there or who have sailed from there might help me out with your opinion of a hotel. I will also post this on the west coast board but I really respect the opinions of my HAL friends .. So would you stay near the airport or downtown? Any nice places to eat that you recommend? This will only be one night precruise. Thanks everyone.

when we sailed out of Seattle on the Westerdam HAL had the opportunity to have a free room at the Fairmont if you booked a suite. We took advantage since we were in a suite. However, even if you aren't there are HAL representatives at the Fairmont. When we were getting ready to leave folks who had just come off the ship were coming to check in....

There are good hotels near the airport or downtown. I like the Marriott at Sea-Tac and 13 Coins is where I would eat dinner. Downtown has higher prices, but the Olympic Hotel is very nice (more upscale than the Marriott). Chandlers Crab House on Lake Union is where I would have dinner.

Downtown is beautiful, but the airport area is not bad a bad place to stay. Personally, I would be more inclined to stay near the airport than downtown. Unless there is something downtown that you really want to do or see. If it is just to eat and sleep, the airport is fine.

Smiles, CJ

Thanks for all the replies. I am so excited Lisa I can hardly stand it !! I love love love the Oosterdam and was just so thrilled to see her sailing to Alaska. I have never been.. We are doing private tours already set up through our TA so I am not gonna miss a thing !! There are about 100 of us going in this group and I am looking forward to meeting all the new people from all over the world.

We have decided to go for the gusto. We are going to stay in the downtown area because our flight arrives at 9:00 am the day before we sail..I have been seriously contemplating the Silver Cloud Inn at Lake Union... It has so many wonderful reviews. It is right on the lake and has a free breakfast and free shuttle to anywhere you want to go in the downtown area.. I want to go to the Pike Market for sure.. They have a shuttle to the cruisepier the next morning also.. It's not cheap but then nothing in Seattle is this time of the year.. Its vacation so it's worth splurging on ourselves. Right? ;) I had one of those code share numbers through American airlines and it was going to expire 6-30-07 so I used it to get one free airfare. I will have one left to use from 7-01-07-12-31-07 to use for my Miami cruise.. I love good deals.. Can you tell?:p

Oh happy days are here again , im gonna get right on Ms O and have myself a warm drink !! :D

We will be on your sailing. We sailed this same itenerary last year and couldn't wait to get back and see some things we missed last time.

There are so many things to see and do in Alaska that once you've been, you're hooked!

There is a thread over on the Roll Call boards for our sailing.

Looking forward to seeing you onboard!

Archived