RCL customer service

Luggage labels- you get some from the porters at the dock and write your cabin number on them.

We didn't have luggage tags on our cruise last August because we received our docs electronically.

When we got to the pier (Port Canaveral), the porters were well versed in handling pax without luggage tags, because I don't even remember telling them we didn't have any. They asked to see our online check in form which had the cabin # on it, and had sharpies and tags in hand, filled out and slapped on the bags so fast I barely saw it happen.

Just thought this might be helpful to anyone without tags. As we all know, this isn't a guarantee that it will work this smoothly again at this port or other ports ;) :rolleyes: , but we for one were very pleased with how it worked that day.

Believe me. I know the porters have tags you can fill out. And, I do know that my SetSail Pass is really all I need.

The point was, CS didn't know that. She kept telling me I had to take the luggage upstairs. She actually told me not to check them with the porters at the curb.

Just thought I'd jump in here and say "HI" to Dale.

Don't give up on RCI because of one person who had a bad attitude....we would miss you. My DIL called C&A two weeks ago and talked to a rude person also, she called back later and got things straightened out. It makes you wonder how much training some people get....or don't get.:p

Hiya Jill, how ya doing? how is Dave? we miss you guys, we still talk about how much fun we had on the Jewel with both of you. I see the coffee Dave is giving to you is not working. :-) No we are not giving up on Royal because of one C&A person, we had so many great ones with them. I was just ticked off at the C&A person who did not answer my question. It really has no bearing on us cruising Royal again. When we received the Carnival call a few days later I was struck on how helpful they were and yadda, yadda, yadda. Still do not know when the November and December 2008 dates are coming out for Radiance or Jewel but no big deal. When will you be sailing on this coast again? we would love to get everyone back together.. Rickster is on our cruise in December on NOS I believe he is in the next cabin from us. Glad to hear from you and regards to you and Dave..

For our last cruise aboard Adventure I called CS just to make sure my TA had made the final payment. The rep said she could not tell me anything and that I had to call my TA. I then said that my TA could say anything that she wanted to. It wouldn't mean that the payment was actually made. I got no where with that rep so I hung up, called again, and got the answer that I needed. It was yes.

It really annoyed me that a rep could not understand why I needed the verification from RCI. It was simple common sense. I also understand the rules about using a TA and booking directly through RCI. However, I also know who is paying the bills and what name is on the credit card. And the reps should show some sort of respect for that.

I am sorry but the RCI reps are NOT ALLOWED to discuss any part of the booking with you if you have booked via a TA. This extends to not being able to put in your C&A numbers, to changing you from a twin to a double bed, to putting you on a different sized table at dinner - anything that may seem trivial to you - they cannot touch your booking or discuss it. Therefore agent 1 was perfectly correct when they said they could not tell you if the balance was paid, Agent 2 who did give you the info should/would have been hauled up and told off for breaking the data confidentiality act.

In fact whether the balance was paid in full or not is meaningless as some agents are 'credit agents' and pay their balance once a month - so your booking may show that you have not paid but this is in fact perfectly OK.

So when a RCI rep says they cannot discuss anything - please understand why.

If hundreds of people, just a guess, called your desk wanting information that wasn't part of your departments scope of work, how long would you cheerfully say "Let me connect you"? Not only are C&A and cruise counselors in different departments, they are in different parts of the country. In the end its not customer services fault you called the wrong department, so the name on the thread is misleading and should be pointed at C&A.

Albert Ross- that was an interesting insight- re data confidentiality- I did notice when dealing with Carnival about a reservation (that I later had to cancel) they asked for my password before revealing any info or discussing it. A little security point,that I thought was interesting. RCCL does discuss it,without even supplying them a reservation #,I know,because I called to ask a question without having my number at hand. HMMM.

I should add that both of these reservations I am referring to above were self-made,no TA involved.

If hundreds of people, just a guess, called your desk wanting information that wasn't part of your departments scope of work, how long would you cheerfully say "Let me connect you"? Not only are C&A and cruise counselors in different departments, they are in different parts of the country. In the end its not customer services fault you called the wrong department, so the name on the thread is misleading and should be pointed at C&A.
Actually it was directed at the C&A and you are correct I should of title it differently. I was disappointed in the C&A lack of customer service on anwsering a simple question. Did not think this would start a whole thread on poor customer service that was not my intention. I just wanted a simple questioned answered and the C&A did nothing to answer or direct me. You can call it whatever you like but it is still poor customer service to me. I have every intention of booking with RCL again.

After reading the OP's last post, I agree with them that people all too often are rude and/or insensitive about the simplest things. I was in no way pointing a finger. After all the people on the other end of the phone are "supossed" to be experts, and customer oriented.

Archived