Kids Birthday in Vancouver

mjmalino

Hello,

OK, my DH, myself and 2 DS will be departing Alaska from Vancouver on June 18. We will be, however, flying into Vancouver lunchtime on the 16-which is my younger son's 8th birthday. Any suggestions for a fun dinner or activity (or both) that we can do for him?

Thanks,

MJ

The Old Spaghetti Factory in Gastown - about 3 blocks from Canada Place would be a great place to eat - always lot's of kids and birthday's going on there - as for activities - there is Science World by the Main St Sky train station or else the Kids Zone at Granville Island- at Science World there is a White Spot triple O"s eatery and there are several places to eat on Granville island - if you want a little more expensive place there is a KEG restaurant.

I'm sure some of the others on these boards with kids will have some other ideas.

Cheers

Dennis

I was going to suggest Old Spaghetti Factory as well, but most of my friends think I'm an idiot for going to OSF while in Canada, b/c I have my choice of two within an hour of each other here. But the food is different than the ones here, it is really good! And they are fun. I mean, not like Chuck E Cheese, but they are family friendly.

The Aquarium would be fun, we enjoyed it, BUT it's pretty expensive IMO.

Found this site.

Although Granville Island can be driven onto (I don't think it's an actual island), taking the little tiny ferries over could be much fun for kids. :)

In looking through the link - there is reference to Storyeum - regrettably it is now closed - it just couldn't generate enough business to continue - also - re the waterfalls at Robson Square - there is construction going on there so i am not sure that the falls are running - don't try to drive to Granville Island - take the little boats.

Cheers

Dennis

my kids loved capilano suspension bridge & the treetops adventure when they were that age!! very cool.

http://www.capbridge.com/

for dinner - old spaghetti factory is great - or you could do a picnic on the beach ??

I'm going to "second" this suggestion - if your 8 year old is really an activity type fun-loving 8 year old!

This was an absolute "must do and see" for myself and my brother, whenever in Vancouver (which was a lot growing up)!:)

Bridges, Trees, Climbing, running around...

authentic totem poles, cool things to buy in the gift shops, eating at a restaurant up in the "mountains", etc...

Just agreeing, as this could be a fun option if your sons are into this kind of thing...

And lots of great scenic picture opportunities...

CJW

:D

I'm going to "second" this suggestion - if your 8 year old is really an activity type fun-loving 8 year old!

This was an absolute "must do and see" for myself and my brother, whenever in Vancouver (which was a lot growing up)!:)

Bridges, Trees, Climbing, running around...

authentic totem poles, cool things to buy in the gift shops, eating at a restaurant up in the "mountains", etc...

Just agreeing, as this could be a fun option if your sons are into this kind of thing...

And lots of great scenic picture opportunities...

CJW

:D

Also my favourite growing up. We loved to get the bridge swinging when a bus of Japanese tourists had just stepped on. Have you been to it lately? It is just amazing. They've put lots of platforms on it. They've also expanded the little ponds with the fish and the fish are really big.

Viv

I have been actually looking at the bridge. Wow, so many fantastic choices, so little time!

Thanks,

I absolutely love Vancouver. My family has lived there for almost 150 years, which is a long time in West Coast history. (Well, 1/32 of my family has lived there for thousands of years) We now live half the year in Ontario and half in BC, but will be moving back to BC within two years. I hope to eventually start a small (12 seater bus) tour company to show people the BC I know and love beyond Vancouver and Whistler.

If you have any questions, feel free to email me nootkaATrogers.com.

Viv

My email is in my profile as well so if you want a second opinion feel free to send along a message. Just put the word cruise critic somewhere in the subject line so it will get pass spam and filter protection

Cheers

Dennis

Archived