Capt Per Kristofferson...any info?

We will be sailing on the Mariner of the Seas on May 20th. It looks like our Captain will be Capt Per Kristofferson (We were hoping for Capt. Johnny). Anyone sailed with Capt Kristofferson before and have any info about him?

Thank you.

Jim

You will quite enjoy the captain. He was on the Mariner on New Year's Eve with his lovely family and he is all over the ship speaking with people,

very cordial and willing to answer any questions. Our friend was seasick on the first night and three days later, he asked him if he was feeling better. We were very impressed that he remembered.

We were on the New Year's Eve. sailing as well and Per's son and mine are the same age so I met the captain when he was picking up his son at Adventure Ocean. He is super personable and after meeting me once, would smile and wave at me when I was looking down at the bridge from the peekaboo bridge. I've never sailed with Capt. Johnny, but Per was certainly the best captain I have sailed with yet. You'll love him!

We were on the New Year's Eve. sailing as well and Per's son and mine are the same age so I met the captain when he was picking up his son at Adventure Ocean. He is super personable and after meeting me once, would smile and wave at me when I was looking down at the bridge from the peekaboo bridge. I've never sailed with Capt. Johnny, but Per was certainly the best captain I have sailed with yet. You'll love him!

We were on the same cruise, my dd (11) made friends with a boy whose father worked for RCI was a good friend of Capt Per. Capt Per took them on a tour of the bridge and his suite, she had a great time. He was a very personable guy. I'll always remember the cabin phone ringing from the bridge, and my dd saying to me, Dad, you know the Captain doesn't drive the ship, it's automatic, the people up here just keep a look out for other ships and things. Wonderful memory

We just got home from our Mariner trip yesterday. The captain seemed very nice...has a good sense of humor. His announcements over the PA left something to be desired though, lol. He seems to lose his train of thought halfway through a sentence. The cruise director Graham Seymour was great though.....very fun guy....hope you have as much fun as we did!:)

Sailed with him 4/1/07 on the Mariner. From cruise news, was born in Haugesund Norway. Began cruising in 1979 and became a mechanic. 1982 became degreed as a 2nd officer. Then he worked for the coast guard while obtaining his unlimited Masters' License. Joined RCL in 1991 as 1st Officer on the song of Norway. Then he was captain for a year on Rhapsody of the Seas. He then did special projects until 2006 where he returned as Captain of the Majesty of the Seas, then joined the Mariner. (all summarized)

We really enjoyed him. He was very visable, sociable. Attended many shows and events. It has his family listed as living in Montreal, Canada, we did not see them on this cruise. I've not met the famous Captain Johnny, but this captain was the most visable I've come across.

Captain Per is tops in our books! We have sailed with him several times on the Majesty and once on the Mariner. We see him more around the ship than we have any Captain… and he always is friendly to everyone…. And he really cares that his passengers are enjoying their cruise! We have sailed a number of ships… we have three favorites…. And he is tied for number ONE!

I agree with what has been said with Captain Per. We had him in December 06. However, in Jan 06' we had Captain Jerry .. what has happened to him? He played Brown Eyed Girl on stage one night. Never saw that from any captain in all our cruises. The next cruise in Sept. 06, we had Capt. Johnny, a character, like Capt. Jerry; and then we had Per in December. Compared the other two he is subdued, but like everyone said, charming.

Thank you all for the great responses!!! You all just raised my excitement level about 50 notches :D :D Also great to hear that Graham Seymour is alot of fun (just like Becky Thompson is)....thanks ncGorK for that info :)

Only 33 more days.....yesssss

Jim

We just got off the ship yesterday as well. Thought the captain was great. Could be a bit hard to understand over the PA.

So happy to have sailed with Graham again. My 10 year old daughter spent the entire cruise looking all over the ship for him. She just thought he was the funniest thing she'd ever heard.

We just got home from our Mariner trip yesterday. The captain seemed very nice...has a good sense of humor. His announcements over the PA left something to be desired though, lol. He seems to lose his train of thought halfway through a sentence. The cruise director Graham Seymour was great though.....very fun guy....hope you have as much fun as we did!:)

We sailed with Capt Per in Dec on the Mariner and thoroughly enjoyed him and his daily announcements...

We have sailed with Graham Seymour when he was with Princess and loved his morning show...It is not to be missed if he is still doing it...Later, Jill:cool: Have a wonderful cruise...

image.php?u=25801&type=sigpic&dateline=1176300223

Archived