Question about the SeaPass...

First time cruiser here, so bear with me!

I understand that my Sea pass is what I will use to pay for any extras (drinks, etc.) on board. Is it also the key to my room? Does it come on a lanyard or anything, or is it just a card? I am wondering how it works, because I want my sons to have access to buying drinks, using the arcade, and getting into the cabin if we are not with them (don't worry, I won't be letting them run wild by ANY means!), but don't want them to get lost.

Thanks for any info.

Karen

Yes, your seapass will be used for onboard purchases, room key and needed to exit and re-enter the ship.

Lanyards are not included. I believe that you can buy them in the gift shop or just bring on with you. They will punch a hole for it if you ask.

Some people use a "wallet on a string" around their neck also.

Charlie

First time cruiser here, so bear with me!

I understand that my Sea pass is what I will use to pay for any extras (drinks, etc.) on board. Is it also the key to my room? Does it come on a lanyard or anything, or is it just a card? I am wondering how it works, because I want my sons to have access to buying drinks, using the arcade, and getting into the cabin if we are not with them (don't worry, I won't be letting them run wild by ANY means!), but don't want them to get lost.

Thanks for any info.

Karen

Most ships (probably all by now) use the same card for purchases/door. It doesn't come with a lanyard so you can bring one if you want to have one. You can also purchase an RCI lanyard the gift shop too.

It's your door key--and when you charge something to your room (just like a hotel) you give them your key and they run the charge! It's no different than a hotel--even tho it's floating!

A lanyard is a good idea for kids that may lose their card. Not so for adults!

I keep my key in a small purse--hubby keeps his in his pants--just like at a hotel!!!!! If you use a lanyard, you will look like you are at a convention! Some do, tho!

Yes the seapass is what you use to make purchases with on your cruise. It is alos your room key. It does not come on a lanyard, it is a card like the size of a credit card. If they get lost, you can go to the pursers desk and report a lost card, they will re-issue you a new one and cancel the old one. Your room # is not on the card, only your dining seating table #. But if someone happens to find the card, they can charge on it, if you didn't cancel it. So, it is important to keep track of it at all times. You can put a spending limit on your kids cards.I have never done it, but I have heard of it being done. Good Luck and hold on to your Seapass. Have a great Cruise.

The dollar store had retractable security badge holders that you can attach to a pocket or purse, I bought some for our upcoming cruise as I dont like the idea of wearing it on my neck, but I like the safe keeping it provides, and the convience of keeping it handy.

It's your door key--and when you charge something to your room (just like a hotel) you give them your key and they run the charge! It's no different than a hotel--even tho it's floating!

A lanyard is a good idea for kids that may lose their card. Not so for adults!

I keep my key in a small purse--hubby keeps his in his pants--just like at a hotel!!!!! If you use a lanyard, you will look like you are at a convention! Some do, tho!

Hmph. Double harrumph.

There is nothing wrong with an adult wearing a lanyard.

325424972_baabaaavatar.gif.c864973bbdce2f609b317981ad34dac3.gif

Just got off the Monarch of the Seas yesterday. The Seapass card covers your alcholic drinks, anything you purchase in the shops, and it's your door key. It does not come with a lanyard. Just the card.

It also has information such as your formal dining room name & table number that you are assigned to.

Have fun!

Hmph. Double harrumph.

There is nothing wrong with an adult wearing a lanyard.

I agree.......I wear mine all the time.........sure beats diggin in the wallet......;)

Archived