How Many Bottles of Wine are we allowed to bring onboard

bigjohn42

Has anyone ever heard of or used this product? Thought it looked like an interesting change from the bulky styrofoam shippers...

http://www.spiritedshipper.com/index.html

Yup...when you are touring the wine countries...you are no longer able to carry on boxes of your favorite libations...drats :(

So these type of shipping boxes have become very popular.

Cheers! :)

Yup...when you are touring the wine countries...you are no longer able to carry on boxes of your favorite libations...drats :(

So these type of shipping boxes have become very popular.

Do you know how they stack up against the styrofoam ones as far as protection for the bottles inside? I guess I don't quite get how they cushion the wine against breakage. They're cheaper than the styro ones, and they fold flat, so they'd be great for having and storing. Thought I'd use those for bringing my wine onto the ship, and since I KNOW we'll drink all the wine we bring (;) ), I can then use the shippers for carting home the duty-free liquor that we like to stock up on onboard!!!

Wine that is shipped all around the country, and the world for that matter, comes in cases that are in fact paper boxes with dividers.

The difference is that they are shipped on pallets and shrink wrapped together in one bundle. A single box will get more rough treatment.

Of course they are so careful in the airline baggage department with our stuff... :rolleyes:

I would suggest the styro, or even styro inserts. I have not had to ship much wine since leaving the business a couple of years ago, as I used to carry it on the plane all the time. But of course, not anymore with the new regulations. :(

Good luck in your search.

Thanks for all the good advice, I.L.! Hope you enjoy the Oosterdam to Alaska -- it was one of our favorite cruises. We're heading back up there this fall for the 3rd time, just can't seem to get enough of that place!

Thanks for all the good advice, I.L.! Hope you enjoy the Oosterdam to Alaska -- it was one of our favorite cruises. We're heading back up there this fall for the 3rd time, just can't seem to get enough of that place!

You are most welcome! :)

And thanks for the vote of confidence!! :D Hope you also have a fantabulous cruise this Fall!

I have heard so many wonderful things about this line and the area, that I am sooo excited about this cruise. Have been on many cruises, in many different places, but this is my first to Alaska and first on HAL.

My DH was holding out for the time that we want to explore by motorhome, (and we still will in a few years), but I could not wait any longer...plus I love to cruise! :)

Can't wait!

Archived