Got Our Cabin Assignment on Zaandam!

Bill S

We're on the Zaandam's May 9 sailing to Alaska. We booked a Cat C guaranty and have been assigned C3336, port side, just aft of the atrium. Friends who are going with us, got the adjacent cabin, C3338, across from the launderette.

Our friends are a bit concerned about being across from the launderette. Anyone out there have any comments, pro or con?

We think the cabins are convenient to getting outside easily, either port or starboard, so we are pleased. Looking forward to getting our docs soon and to be going north to Alaska . . . . . again!

Bill, that is great that you got you cabin assignment already:) Although I cannot answer you question because we were on the Navigation Deck deck 7 and Tom Judge who cruised with us was on Deck 6 but it does sound like it will be a convienient location. Beings that it is just a 7 day cruise I doubt there will be that much activity at the launderette at least in the first 3 days. But no Docs Yet:eek: No wonder I did not hear of any dancing going on over on our side of town;)

I would think that a little warmth from the laundry won't be such a bad thing Bill, especially in Alaska!! We will have to wave to you all from aboard the Infinity, will have to see if we have any ports together.

Your Zaandam cruise seems like a great way to celebrate a retirement to me!!:D

The laundry won't be a problem. The doors are quite heavy, and you can't hear much of anything outside in the hall ... let alone inside your cabin.

Glad you know where your "home" will be. You and Virginia should have a great time.

You have a great location! We were in 3365 to Hawaii in January, and loved being able to pop outside to the promenade whenever we wanted to snap a picture or get a breath of fresh air. I did a load of laundry on our first sea day back in the late afternoon, and I was the only one in the laundry room. From outside the door, I couldn't tell whether the machine was still running or not, so I would guess it's not an issue to be across the hall from it.

Have a great trip!

Bonnie

The Zaandam is a wonderful ship! We weren't near the laundry on our 11 day cruise, but I certainly used it, & it was a great convenience since we weren't in a suite on that cruise. Just remember you need to use the ship's detergent offerings - not Tide! I vaguely remember a problem on one of our cruises because someone brought their own detergent.

I don't remember any unnecessary noise or issues, just a nice cozy place to

get those sweaty clothes clean!

Thanks for all the great replies! I shall pass them on to our friends. This is their second "attempt" to go to Alaska with us, as they were with us on the Statendam in 2002 when it caught fire and died, 2 hours into the cruise. :( :o

We have our fingers crossed that the Zaandam will fare better this time. :)

Archived