another question about the Swiss Pearl

beebee

I am not getting many responses to my question about the Swiss Pearl. Is that because no one has sailed on her before? Does anyone know if she has been primarily used by European cruise lines? Since Amadeus is using her for a new itinerary in 2008 does that usually mean that a ship is being leased or bought? I really don't know much about how river boat cruise operators work.

I am interested because I would like to find out as much as I can about the ship before I book a trip on her. Thank you for any responses.

beebee,

All river cruise ships having "Swiss" in their name are owned by Scylla Tours of Switzerland

http://www.scylla-tours.com/dynasite.cfm

Here´s the website of the Swiss Pearl but it´s in German only

http://www.scylla-tours.com/dynasite.cfm?dssid=4392&dsmid=1458&schiffs_id=9

Scylla Tours is mainly chartering the ships to different companies. As you can see on the Amadeus website the Swiss Pearl is only offered for a couple of weeks. The rest of the time the ship is chartered to others. One is a German company called Plantours & Partner (so for 2007).

You can´t do anything wrong with one of the Scylla ships. They are very nice and well maintained. As far as I´ve heard from German passengers they were all very pleased and happy with the Scylla ships.

steamboats

Archived