Help Please

rabbitneedles

I have been looking at our voyage personliser and see that our beds have been changed to non-converting twins what does this mean ? also has anyone heard of carmel limo's thinking of booking them from JFK TO Manhatten .Would it be safe to book online from UK

I have been looking at our voyage personliser and see that our beds have been changed to non-converting twins what does this mean ? also has anyone heard of carmel limo's thinking of booking them from JFK TO Manhatten .Would it be safe to book online from UK

Which ship? Which grade?

Non converting twin is what you'd expect - two singles that cannot be put into a double.

Can't comment on the transfer.

Matthew

Qm2 Aa Grade - Britania Club New Grade I Think . This Is Our 1st Cruise So Nothing To Compare It With

Contact Cunard or your travel agent. Ask them to change it to Queen Bed format.

If it is set up as two beds when you arrive, swear internally at shoreside, and smile sweetly at your steward. It will be sorted pronto.

Matthew

... also has anyone heard of carmel limo's thinking of booking them from JFK TO Manhatten .Would it be safe to book online from UK

Carmel is a reputatable car service company. They advertise a lot. Nice cars. I believe they have discount coupons on their website. Never booked them on line but I have used them.

A yellow cab from JFK to Manhattan is fixed at $45.00(22.50 pounds sterling) plus toll and tip(15-20%) no reservation required cabs are always there. I wouldn't try to give a cab driver pounds :)

Carmel is a reputatable car service company. They advertise a lot. Nice cars. I believe they have discount coupons on their website. Never booked them on line but I have used them.

A yellow cab from JFK to Manhattan is fixed at $45.00(22.50 pounds sterling) plus toll and tip(15-20%) no reservation required cabs are always there. I wouldn't try to give a cab driver pounds :)

As a New Yorker I usualy take car service to and from the airport rather than a yellow cab. Too often the cab rides have been less that pleasant; at the beginning or end of a vacation the last thing I want is cab driver aggravation. I am not familiar with Camel since I use local Brooklyn car service companies.

Now giving pounds to a cab driver could turn into a memorable New York moment. Fuhgeddaboudit!

It is easy to call Cunard and get them to switch their notes about having the beds together or not. Also, when and if those notes do not make it to the ship, it is also easy (15 minutes or so) for them to re-arrange your sleeping arrnagements. Oddly (I thought) it is hard to tell that the Queen bed is actually two little beds - we were pleased. I guess the over-riding advice is to not worry about it too much.

As far as a car v a taxi, I'd also suggest you reserve a car. We use these folks and are pleased with them. They work via e-mail, so it should be easy to do from the UK. They have sedans and limos and are reasonable.

Tran-Star Executive International Transportation Services

P.O. Box 2574

North Babylon, NY 11703

Phone: 800-894-STAR(7827) Fax: 631-586-7543

Email: customerservice@tranexec.com

Web: WWW.TRANEXEC.COM

Non-converting twins are just that NON converting- For some reason, they cannot be put together. Maybe an odd shamed room where one is against the wall and one under the window.

Better make sure!

Karie

But this is AA on QM2 - there are no "odd shaped rooms" surely - they're all identical.....

Matthew

But this is AA on QM2 - there are no "odd shaped rooms" surely - they're all identical.

On the QE2 it pays to book well in advance to get a cabin in the location you want - does this apply to the QM2 as well or is almost any cabin OK?

On the QE2 it pays to book well in advance to get a cabin in the location you want

Tell me about it - I booked a single outside 10 months in advance & i still ended up on deck 5, right up the front (there was one even further forward, and 1 on deck 4 but can't remember why i rejected that (size - even further forward? really cant remember).

Karen

I believe I read that cabins accommodating four pax had non-converting twins, since the upper berths required the space between beds for the ladder access.

Rick J

AA's don't accommodate 4 passengers.

On the QE2 it pays to book well in advance to get a cabin in the location you want - does this apply to the QM2 as well or is almost any cabin OK?

My understanding is that within a grade there is precious little difference, with the obvious proviso about being closer to midships if you can and you care about movement.

Other than the cabins hidden behind the lifeboats - where some are better than others.

Until you get to Q2 there is no significant difference between grades.

If I'm wrong, then my whole plan of action with a A1 guarantee is wrong!

Matthew

My understanding is that within a grade there is precious little difference, with the obvious proviso about being closer to midships if you can and you care about movement.

Other than the cabins hidden behind the lifeboats - where some are better than others.

Until you get to Q2 there is no significant difference between grades.

If I'm wrong, then my whole plan of action with a A1 guarantee is wrong!

Matthew

Matthew, is that what you booked?

Yes, the cabins are fairly standard. Inside a bit smaller, though I have never done one. Outside and balcony the diffference is in the balcony. The deluxe and AA balconies are a bit smaller, since they are in the superstructure, not the hull.

That's about all I can tell you. But between various same-grade cabins, they are cookie cutter.

Kaire, who has sailed in obstucted, and deluxe balcony.

Tell me about it - I booked a single outside 10 months in advance & i still ended up on deck 5, right up the front (there was one even further forward, and 1 on deck 4 but can't remember why i rejected that (size - even further forward? really cant remember).

Karen

In 2001 that far forward inside single was rated as a less than desireable cabin and was offered at a reduced rate. Down a narrow hall and partically at the bow, one could get clastrophobia just looking at the deck plan for that one.

In 2001 that far forward inside single was rated as a less than desireable cabin and was offered at a reduced rate. Down a narrow hall and partically at the bow, one could get clastrophobia just looking at the deck plan for that one.

I went for 5016 in the end, but could have had 5008 - decided that was too close to the 'pointy' bit :D

gonna have a problem last thing at night, last year was in 5200, almost at the bottom of G staircase - just fall out of the yacht club and go down - this year I've got a monumental hike having found the correct deck LOL!!

Karen

Archived