Breakfast on balcony

has always been one of our favorite parts of cruising!! Usually we just order a pot of hot coffee, some croisants, fruit, maybe some yogurt, and sit out there in our robes, so nice!!

Our kids have had bacon, omelettes, etc and have had good results. What we do is usually order the night before so that it is our "wake up" call but this does take a little planning as to when you want to be awaken. Otherwise you can end up waiting a while if it is a "busy" time of day. I just need my morning coffee in order to function so having it brought to me is a dream come true!! Even when we don't have a balcony I still have it delivered, having breakfast in bed is the next best thing!!

We also use room service as our wake up call. As previously suggested put your request out the night before that way you can pick the time of delivery and not have to wait. Nothing like spending some morning time on your balcony with a fresh pot of coffee.

has always been one of our favorite parts of cruising!! Usually we just order a pot of hot coffee, some croisants, fruit, maybe some yogurt, and sit out there in our robes, so nice!!

Our kids have had bacon, omelettes, etc and have had good results. What we do is usually order the night before so that it is our "wake up" call but this does take a little planning as to when you want to be awaken. Otherwise you can end up waiting a while if it is a "busy" time of day. I just need my morning coffee in order to function so having it brought to me is a dream come true!! Even when we don't have a balcony I still have it delivered, having breakfast in bed is the next best thing!!

RCCL room service actually will bring omelettes? How wonderful. My sister used room service for her son in the mornings on Carnival, but other than bacon all items offered were cold items like cereal, fruit, bagel etc. Having a hot breakfast delivered would be great.

Does room service offer the same food as the dining room for all meals? We'll be on Radiance next year and know that having room service would be a real treat.

How do you go about ordering the night before for breakfast? Is there a card or something?

The doorknob ordering slips were missing from our cabin - a quick call to room service got us a whole stack of 'em. We used them a lot, even writing our own requested times in. Breakfast always arrived warm, on time and following a very convenient "wakeup" call that it was on it's way.

BTW, the omelettes on Voyager were 3-egg. Plain, cheese or ham were the daily selections.

Dave

If you are in a full suite you can get anything brought up to your room from the dining rooms; but only in a full suite.

That's not the case on RCCL... we had an oceanview cabin on our February cruise on Jewel and were able to order items off the dinner menu that were not on the room service menu. They were very accomodating.

there is a menu in the room, you just fill it out and hng it on the knob. they call a couple minutes before it is delivered, and it is hot and fresh. This was definitely our favorite part of the balcony cabin, and one of our favorite parts of the whole trip. Waking up to hot breakfast on a private balcony while looking out over the ocean is just amazing.

Best time of the day. Lie back in the lounge chair, sip on your coffee and watch the wake. Early A.M. was prime time for dolpins playing in the wake. We saw them at least three days on our last Mexican Riviera run in December.

The room service card is limited. We hand wrote some special things and there was no problem in getting them. (Unlike our Disney cruise when we hand wrote in for a side of sausage were politely told that you're getting it now, but don't do it again. :cool: DCL was continental room service for breakfast.)

Another fav part of the day was about 3:00 in the afternoon. I'd go up one flight to the Windjammer, get a plate of cheese and fruit and enjoy the remnants of the bottle of wine from the prior evening's dinner. (You can also order the cheese plate and fruit plate from room servie, too.) Ahhh, heaven on a balcony:p

If you are in a full suite you can get anything brought up to your room from the dining rooms; but only in a full suite.

I was in an OS on my last cruise and we had the same menus that you put on the door as everyone else. How would you get the breakfast menu from the dining room? and is there another card/menu for the door? We will be in a GS next time and I would much prefer to order from the dining room breakfast menu. This is good to know, I got tired of the same food everyday off the little menu that they have in the rooms.

Just order what you want--if they can make it, they will. If you don't see it on the menu, write it in. They aim to please. The dining room menu is basic--eggs, any style, pancakes, french toast, toast, bagel, muffin, danish, breakfast meats, fruit, cereal, yogurt, etc....

How early can you have it delivered?

The first time range was either 6:00-6:30 or 6:30-7:00. Just write on the card the breakfast items you want! They accomodated all our requests.

My husband and I ordered at a minimum coffee and fruit EVERY morning. Two mornings we went the Windjammer later, but it was lovely to have our coffee on the balcony. My children (ages 17 and 12) ate room service breakfast every day - they never did go to the Windjammer! They ordered eggs, pancakes, sausage, bacon, danishes, and such. They loved eating in bed in their jammies every day. It was also very convenient on the day that we had an early excursion so we just ordered a complete breakfast from room service.

Enjoy !!!

The first time range was either 6:00-6:30 or 6:30-7:00. Just write on the card the breakfast items you want! They accomodated all our requests.

My husband and I ordered at a minimum coffee and fruit EVERY morning. Two mornings we went the Windjammer later, but it was lovely to have our coffee on the balcony. My children (ages 17 and 12) ate room service breakfast every day - they never did go to the Windjammer! They ordered eggs, pancakes, sausage, bacon, danishes, and such. They loved eating in bed in their jammies every day. It was also very convenient on the day that we had an early excursion so we just ordered a complete breakfast from room service.

Enjoy !!!

Thanks, it sounds lovely! DH loves to get up really early and go to the Windjammer for his coffee. He loves being out on deck that early and is so kind as to not wake me. I like to sleep in a little and take my time getting ready. Our next cruise will be our second balcony, so I'm going to seriously try room service. :)

De

Room service at breakfast is the best part of the cruise. We usually travel with family but a couple of times we get our breakfast from room service. They are most accomodating.

Every morning though, we get coffee and juice from room service. To me the tip is worth every penny of it. I love having my coffee and juice on the balcony then having my shower and going to breakfast with the family.

This is the best part of cruising.

Katie

I can't wait to order room service for breakfast and sit on my balcony and relax and take my time getting ready. How perfect! Can you just order plain, cheese & ham omelets or could you order say a veggie omelet?

My husband and I had dinner on our balcony several times. There was a channel on the tv that listed what was available for lunch and dinner and we just ordered those items. They had a good selection. It seeemed like they had several of the same items that were offered in the dining room for that evening.

Archived