One Left Out

cruisin fever

I agree with the majority here. Go if you want and let your aunt find something to do for 45 minutes.

As for those that think it's okay to take a non-past guest to the party. Why? They certainly haven't earned it. That's just cheating.

Not knowing the length of your cruise, it may not be a problem. The PG parties are held on cruises of five nights or longer.

The party is only about 45 minutes, and surely your aunt can find something else fun to do while y'all at the party. Then she'll have something to look forward to on her next cruise.

Many times on these boards, folks will say to check w/the purser and see if you can get an extra invitation. Well, all fine and good....except that if everyone did that, what would be the purpose of having a PAST GUEST party? The parties are already overcrowded from folks doing that. Not really fair to the true past guest, y'know?

Tell your aunt y'all will have to book another cruise so you can all enjoy the party together next time!:)

It will give her 5 extra minutes to herself to get ready for dinner.:D

Why is it so important that someone who isn't invited go? If everyone invited brought someone there wouldn't be room for everyone. They don't hold them in multiple locations like the Captain's party. I think it's very selfish to take someone where they're not invited. For me, the big deal is this is just another example, like sneaking alcohol and ignoring other rules just so someone can do exactly what they want and the h*** with everyone else. It's self-serving and reeks of the rules don't apply to me mentality.

I 100% agree and we could talk about this forever but the cold hard fact is, People are going to do what they want no matter what we or Carnival say. It's sad people can't abide by the rules for a week out of their life.

No one said we were not going to follow the rules. I just wanted to know what to do. I have one person (my mom) excited about going to the past guest party and one person (my aunt) not a past guest. I have always followed the rules. I just wanted to know what people would do.

No one said we were not going to follow the rules. I just wanted to know what to do. I have one person (my mom) excited about going to the past guest party and one person (my aunt) not a past guest. I have always followed the rules. I just wanted to know what people would do.

Sorry, I wasn't referring to you, but to all the people who said to just take her anyway, even though she's not a past cruiser. There are a few on these boards that everytime something comes up about a rule, etc have to tell the op to break the rules. It's a big game to some of them and for others it's how they live their lives in general. Pretty sad.

Hey duckhead!

We’re Americans talking to Americans. You stinkin cunuks could care less what goes on in the world until it affects YOU!

Oh my :eek:. Well this is typical.. some Americans think that everything is about us. That was uncalled for.

OP... go to the party.. your aunt will not miss a thing by enjoying the ship, while you are at the party!

Secret Handshake :eek: :eek: I wanna know!

Hey duckhead!

We’re Americans talking to Americans. You stinkin cunuks could care less what goes on in the world until it affects YOU!

A perfect example of why other cultures think of us as the dirty Americans. In case you haven't noticed, this is NOT a board for JUST Americans. :rolleyes:

i agree with the other posters. you shld absolutely go and enjoy it. perhaps your aunt can start to get ready for dinner while you are at the PG party. this way, the time will pass quickly for her, you will get to enjoy it and experience it, and then...you can swing by the cabin to pick your aunt up for dinner.;)

Where did my post go? Was it deleted because I quoted Rick's nasty post?

If it was, then a couple of others, including mine, will go too. Not to worry. The mods here are just cleaning up the garbage. :D

i guess his was deleted, so yours was b/c of the quote, which means that mike's will be too (eventually). mike's right. that was uncalled for, and mods apparently agreed. we'll put it to bed now (b/c i don't believe we are allowed to discuss deleted posts).

On none of my cruises have I ever seen or heard that the invitation is for "you and a guest". Where did you get that idea?:D

At any rate, it definitely isn't that way now. The guest's name is on the invitation. When taking up invitations at the door to the party, I've heard the cruise director say (with a BIG smile)..."Sorry, but this is for past guests only. You'll be able to go to the PG party on your NEXT cruise."

On my Legend cruise in 2/07, I specifically asked prior to going to the PG party if it was for me only and was told that it included the person travelling with me who was not a past guest. :confused:

My boyfriend is a past guest (the only one in our party) and all I did was check the box that he'd cruised before on Carnival (I booked online with Carnival). When we got our docs, it had a past guest number listed on the boarding pass. I didn't know if they compared his name and birthdate and pulled up his "number" or what. Will he get an invitation to the party when we embark?

Sorry for the little detour . . . :)

My boyfriend is a past guest (the only one in our party) and all I did was check the box that he'd cruised before on Carnival (I booked online with Carnival). When we got our docs' date=' it had a past guest number listed on the boarding pass. I didn't know if they compared his name and birthdate and pulled up his "number" or what. Will he get an invitation to the party when we embark?

Sorry for the little detour . . . :)[/quote']

If your cruise is 5 days or longer, he will get an invitation, but not at embarkation. It will be delivered to your stateroom, a day or two before.

There are 3 of us cruising together this year. The problem is that 2 of us have cruised before. We will get to go to the past guest party. My mom is excited that she will get to go this year. My aunt will not get to go. What should we do? Go or not go? That is the question.:confused:

On my last cruise my friend that was with me had never cruised before but since she was in the cabin with me she also recieved an invitation to the past guest party.

Archived