Very detailed question about food on the Crown...

bobbycruiser

Anyone know the answer to this?

The breakfast room service menu is limited - if I write in "pineapple juice", will I be charged for that? It isn't listed as one of the juices offered. Also, if I write in "Fruit Loops" instead of the cold cereals they offer as choices, will I be charged additionally for that?

I don't think you will be charged, the Fruit Loops cracked me up, one of my favorite childhood cereals.

Thanks for the info. That's a great price! I think we can handle that. :p We like to dine late, so we'll be sure to check the Cafe Caribe also. Although, sipping a glass of wine, while enjoying the sushi sounds awfully nice. ;)

It is very nice to sit in Vines (a very pretty lounge) just off the atrium, watching the passengers walk by , and have a glass of wine with an order of fresh sushi and cheese and crackers (this part is free!) Also, Vines offers a selection of wine flights which gave us a chance to try some new selections we weren't familiar with --- quite enjoyable. Music is usually playing, either in the atrium or upstairs in the lounge, so that further enhances the experience.

Why do you feel it's necessary to admonish us about tipping for room service?

How could we possibly use our good judgment as to how much if we don't have enough sense to even consider giving a tip without your advice? Having said that, you go on to list your personal tipping guidelines.

Lew

...and anyone is allowed to admonish and provide us guidelines, none of what was written is a violation of the guidelines for this site, of course your criticism probably is a violation, so maybe you are the one that needs to have a tall glass of shut up!!!

With that said $5 is hefty $1 - $2 is fine, your cabin steward only gets about $3.50 for cleaning your room all day...

ill try asking again.....

how much are the "alcoholic drinks of the day" and what are these drinks typically?

The "drink of the day" will vary ship to ship and itinerary but looking at the Patters from a February sailing of the Crown the following were listed on different days all at a price of $6.50: Watermellon Tini, Rasberry Mojito, Beverly Hills Iced Tea, Ultimate Mai Tai, Cupid's Champagne Cocktail. Can't guarantee it but I believe you can also order a smaller one for a dollar or two less.

I know there are many others some even with milk/cream/icecream as a base. About the only one I ever had was called an "M & M" and was more like dessert than a cocktail, YUM!

Maybe now that I've started this others will post with more information.

Anyone know the answer to this?

The breakfast room service menu is limited - if I write in "pineapple juice", will I be charged for that? It isn't listed as one of the juices offered. Also, if I write in "Fruit Loops" instead of the cold cereals they offer as choices, will I be charged additionally for that?

Vanilla,

Fruit Loops were only available in the dining rooms -- not at the buffets or via room service -- so your chances of getting them delivered are very slim to none! You might be able to get pineapple juice -- all juices are only available during breakfast either in the buffets or dining rooms.

Don't you if you will be charged extra since it might depend on whether or not you are in a full suite. The menu is the same for everyone else (very limited) but the suites. Their menu is more extensive and has more choices.

Someone who was in a suite may be able to answer this one.

MARAPRINCE

[quote name='cynbar']It is very nice to sit in Vines (a very pretty lounge) just off the atrium, watching the passengers walk by , and have a glass of wine with an order of fresh sushi and cheese and crackers (this part is free!) Also, Vines offers a selection of wine flights which gave us a chance to try some new selections we weren't familiar with --- quite enjoyable. Music is usually playing, either in the atrium or upstairs in the lounge, so that further enhances the experience.[/quote]

It just occurred to me that we may have to get wine & sushi to go, & enjoy it in our cabin while we get ready for dinner. Our 15 yr. old son is a big sushi fan also, & he may not be allowed in Vines. I'm not sure what the set-up is like though. Can he go in and enjoy the sushi with us, even though he's too young for wine? If not, will they allow us to take it back to the cabin? We wouldn't want to break any rules, or upset any other passengers who were enjoying Vines. Thanks again :)

Archived