Princess Letter worth $200 onboard credit?'s

crissyp

so a while back I was reading some posts ( can't find them now) about a letter received by some future cruisers from Princess stating that you booked your cruise before March 25 2007 that you might be entitled to a $200 onboard credit for suites/minisuites and $150 onboard credit for booking an oceanview or inside cabin. This promo read for first time cruisers and it was per couple.. To make a long story short, I just received the letter from Princess and called my TA.. She new nothing about this promo and called Princess immediately. She asked me for the coupon number, which I gave her and Princess said that was my inner circle captain # ( which by the way I have no idea what that is since this will be my first princess cruise ( July 5th Crown Princess). Some other info, my cruise was booked in January 2007, and I have booked a mini suite and 2 insides. Just faxed this letter over to my TA and she and Princess cruiise Lines are "researching" it.

Has anyone else received this promo??? Keeping my fingers crossed, it would be a nice surprise...

( I did request the princess dvd 2007, wondering if this might be the reason I received this letter)

Any thoughts on this anyone???

Thanks,

Crissy

just thought I'd let anyone know if interested....That we got it!!!

But just the $200 OB credit for our mini suite....MY TA said that Princess went into their '"system" and made the adjustment after alot of sweet talking from my TA....Princess could not apply OBC for inside cabins because neither one of us are booked into that cabin, and one cabin has 2-17 yr old boys in it..

So a piece of "junk" mail that I though was garbage and almost hit the garbage pail was worth a quick $200 bucks to me...

Made my day:D :D :D

If you book a cruise or ask for a brochure - you are assigned a Capt Circle number.

Congrats on the credit.

I followed somebodies advice on here and did just that, I live in NZ, but I requested brochures to my son's DC address. He phoned the other day to say three lots of brouchures had turned up, as I had not mentioned to him I was doing this, he was rather amused, in fact killing himself laughing. He knows just how much his Mum loves cruising. However, there was NO Captains Circle Number. I have been trying to get the miserable "Bs" to acknowledge that our current booking on the Grand will be our 2nd Princess cruise, but they will not even talk to me. We previously sailed Pacific Princess out of Sydney. I personally think they are very rude and STINK!

My wife and I requested the Princess DVD and brochures, booked in February, and are first time Princess cruisers and we have received absolutley nothing!:( I wonder if it is a random kinda thing?

Thanks,

Tim

My wife and I requested the Princess DVD and brochures, booked in February, and are first time Princess cruisers and we have received absolutley nothing!:( I wonder if it is a random kinda thing?

Thanks,

Tim

Me too! :(

Wonder if the coupon number mentioned above can be re-used??? (HINT HINT!!!!) :D

Bon Voyage!

“Yes, we received the letter and $200 OC was applied to our booking. We were asked to provide a coupon number. We are first-time Princess cruisers.”

” My wife and I requested the Princess DVD and brochures, booked in February, and are first time Princess cruisers and we have received absolutley nothing!”

“Wonder if the coupon number mentioned above can be re-used???”

There have been numerous threads about ads and letters from Princess. Can’t talk about your letter, but some of the ads talked about are from third party companies with many “conditions” built in.

From reading all the posts, odds are against getting any “credit” if cruise has already been booked.

There have been posts in the past indicating that deals from codes were accepted at first, but after deposits have been placed they were denied.

I don’t know if these “letters” are exclusive to Princess, but I would not base booking a cruise on an offer of a few bucks.

There have been numerous threads about ads and letters from Princess. Can’t talk about your letter, but some of the ads talked about are from third party companies with many “conditions” built in.

From reading all the posts, odds are against getting any “credit” if cruise has already been booked.

There have been posts in the past indicating that deals from codes were accepted at first, but after deposits have been placed they were denied.

I don’t know if these “letters” are exclusive to Princess, but I would not base booking a cruise on an offer of a few bucks.

I don't know about others but our letter came DIRECTLY from the Princess Cruises. I'm looking at the copy of it as we speak. It came after we booked the cruise with TA.

The letter specifically indicates that a coupon number is not transferrable so I'd assume that it is issued individually.

When we received it I thought it was because we are first time cruisers with Princess. Reading the responses on the board I see that is not the reason. Must be a random thing..

By the way there were no Captain's Circle numbers mentioned in the letter...

We received a letter with our Alaska brochure.

Unfortunately it wasn't for an OBC but it is for a Coupon book worth up to $200. I didn't think much about it since we booked BEFORE I ordered the brochure. But my mom suggested that I call about it, she got one too. So I called and after about a day of back and forth we got the 2 rooms credited with the coupon book. Certainly not as good as the OBC but we wouldn't have anything if I hadn't picked up the phone and asked.

They would not apply to the 3rd cabin cause they did NOT request a brochure.

So definately call :D

We received a letter with our Alaska brochure.

Unfortunately it wasn't for an OBC but it is for a Coupon book worth up to $200. I didn't think much about it since we booked BEFORE I ordered the brochure. But my mom suggested that I call about it, she got one too. So I called and after about a day of back and forth we got the 2 rooms credited with the coupon book. Certainly not as good as the OBC but we wouldn't have anything if I hadn't picked up the phone and asked.

They would not apply to the 3rd cabin cause they did NOT request a brochure.

So definately call :D

I'm confused - they credited the $200 that the coupons were worth, so you got an onboard credit instead? I have received brochures and the DVD before, but no letter or coupons... should I ask my TA about it?

Archived